6262 BB turbo

Sweet6

Jun 12, 2001
Visit site
I have run both JB and BB. The BB spools night and day faster on the street doing roll ons. Also at the track I could launch at 4lb less boost with a 6265DBB vs a 6262 to get the same 60ft. I dont plan on ever going back to a JB turbo.
2lbs with a 6265DBB would get me a 1.60 and 6lbs on a JB 6262 would get me a 1.60 on a stock motored car as an example.

Reactions: TTA976

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Feb 18, 2006
South subs. of Chicago
Nope

And Steer clear of comp turbos from gn1 perf. They are a huge pain in the ass to install and inspite of being triple ball bearing with a billet wheel (bla bla bla) it’s a pig.

Stick with precision or turbonetics journel bearing and don’t oversize.

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
Steer clear of comp turbos from gn1 perf. They are a huge pain in the ass to install and inspite of being triple ball bearing with a billet wheel (bla bla bla) it’s a pig.
thats a bold statement right there.which bbb pig are you talking about?

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
The BB spools night and day faster on the street doing roll ons. Also at the track I could launch at 4lb less boost with a 6265DBB vs a 6262 to get the same 60ft.
we see the same behavior,on the more serious stuff they allow us to hit the tire sooner.having a faster spooling v6 makes things more interesting/fun.

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
bb it worth the extra money ?
depends on if you want a faster spooling turbo/ or a turbo that has a faster response.jb will makes the same horsepower.converter needs to be matched to utilize any turbo/combo to near its potential.the bb will spool faster which creates the power earlier,some see it as a torque increase.not that journal bearing doesnt work but bb sweetens the deal with faster spool and has more strength.

carguy

Oct 18, 2005
depends on if you want a faster spooling turbo/ or a turbo that has a faster response.jb will makes the same horsepower.converter needs to be matched to utilize any turbo/combo to near its potential.the bb will spool faster which creates the power earlier,some see it as a torque increase.not that journal bearing doesnt work but bb sweetens the deal with faster spool and has more strength.
I've been told you don't have to change converter with bb turbo.

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
I've been told you don't have to change converter with bb turbo.
depends on the combo and what converter is in there already and what size turbo you plan to run.im assuming a 6262 with what converter and combo?

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Feb 18, 2006
South subs. of Chicago
thats a bold statement right there.which bbb pig are you talking about?
CT43 6264

I won't throw it under the bus totally yet. Need a little more time to see whats up but right now it feels like it desperately needs a converter or something needs to be done with the tune. The triple journal bearing craftsman wheel 60 it replaced spooled without a problem. Lol

It WAS a pain in the ass to install though. One thing after another. Need a custom actuator and bracket. Requires hose drain line that you can't get a wrench on the turbo side. No mounting frame for the J bracket. The Oil feed came with wrong -AN adapter for the brass block.
The steel braid oil feed lines are not easy to get in a comfortable spot if you plan on using the turbo shield. So..... I cursed at it quite a bit.

Mr.Spool

Nov 6, 2006
CT43 6264

I won't throw it under the bus totally yet. Need a little more time to
I haven't seen anything that small from them,just bigger stuff that spoils really good and makes power.i would call them and tell them you want a turbo that works before you chase your tail,might be something wrong with it besides it not directly bolting in.if the motor has heads/cam even with a marginal converter i would think it should jump right up into boost with those size wheels bbb.

TTA976

Jun 22, 2014
I’ve stayed with Turbonetics because of the warranty. I would not hesitate to buy a PTE BB

I do think the Percision 6262 BB is the best turbo for Slightly modified Turbo Regals . You can get the ported compressor cover is great ..the Turbine housing is lazy for what it is advertised at..But that’s what I would buy.