6262 - Any reputable advertisers running any specials?

Regulator23

I'm looking at taking the easy way out. Instead of visiting every advertisers site, does anyone know of any reputable advertisers running any specials on a 6262 or similar.
I'm looking to upgrade from a tired TA49, but not looking for the latest greatest reinvention of the wheel. Thanks

$2100 plus ship for the turbo and converter. Converter 4 weeks lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything in the Precision CEA 6262 JB price range? I already have a sorted trans with 3200 LU

Anything in the Precision CEA 6262 JB price range? I already have a sorted trans with 3200 LU

$1095 for an MFS 6262. You need to have to correct design converter. If it’s 3200@0 I can promise it will be too loose when under full hit. You need a lot of stuff to get the power out of a 62.

My setup is - Champion ported irons, champion intake, 208/208 roller cam , FMIC and Alky. Most all the supporting little mods
I was going back and forth with Boosted RPS before my other hobby, tuna fishing kicked in. Tuna fishing is winding down and I am starting to refocus on Buick. Boosted RPS has since fallen from grace, it appears and I feel lucky to not have been taken.
I always thought the 49, is getting tired and was the bottle neck and Tyler was pushing a 6262.

You didn't say which converter you have. He needs that info to advise you...

I don't mean to steal this thread but I am interested in upgrading my TE60 to a 6262. I have an unopened motor except valve springs, PTC 9" LU with 3000 stall, upgraded SLIC, ALKY, etc. etc.

I also want to upgrade stock ECM to Eric Marshall's ECM.

A PTC lockup if it stalls to 3200@0 will never be able to couple the power a 6262 can provide. I sell PTC converters and id never sell that converter to someone with a turbo V6. The more expensive 9.5” is a completely different animal

As a well respected turbo expert, your recommendation would be …. ? Rebuilding or another TA49?
I appreciate your honesty. I have a few well known shops/distributors suggest the 6262. One actually was suggesting a Turbonetics BB 6465.

Depending on how fast you want to go a 6262 is good to mid 10’s at least but you’re not getting there with current converter

Regardless which turbo you choose, that converter stinks. I had one in for 1 week. Couldn't stand it. Dumped it.

I stand corrected ……. if it matters.
It is a PATs 10" 3200 lock up.
Thanks again for the suggestions fellas. I don't race the car and was not looking to extract every last bit out of her.

Depending on how fast you want to go a 6262 is good to mid 10’s at least but you’re not getting there with current converter

Bison,

Would you mind providing a basic education on turbo & torque converter selection? Any advice would be appreciated & helpful for the future.

Thanks.

Bison,

Would you mind providing a basic education on turbo & torque converter selection? Any advice would be appreciated & helpful for the future.

Thanks.

I’ve already covered all this many times over the years.

would any stall speed 10 lu converter be ok with the 6262? I have been thinking of changing also from the ta49 to get rid of the surge. I have a 2,800 and a 3,200 stall to choose from.

I would definitely look at upgrading the converter first or at the same time as doing the turbo. I currently have a PTC 9.5" NL with a TA49 on my white T and also a 9.5' NL with a 6262 on my truck. Also ran the 9.5" NL with a stock turbo on stock engine. its a great converter and I would recommend it for anyone trying to get more out of a combo and if they aren't worried about losing lockup on a daily driver. You might lose say 300-400 rpm while cruising at 65mph on the highway without lockup? I don't worry about it.

The problem with lockup converters is that they aren't meant to be raced while locked with any decent power. Stockish setup with a big D5 is one thing, 600hp on a 10" is something else. And when you run the LU converters unlocked they don't couple well as power increases way beyond stock, like Bison has mentioned. You can run a 9.5" NL from stock all the way up to 800HP. Ideally you would run slightly different variations of a 9.5" for each setup but I have used the same exact converter for each and you can't argue with the results. The PTC 9.5" on a TA49 rips.

Scott, thanks for your input. We have a few mutual friends and you know this car better than you realize.

$1095 for an MFS 6262. You need to have to correct design converter. If it’s 3200@0 I can promise it will be too loose when under full hit. You need a lot of stuff to get the power out of a 62.

I just acquired one of these turbos second hand and it's a great turbo and pulls awesome. I definitely have to replace the stock converter now. I have a 2800 0-boost from another car on the shelf but i'm going to shoot for a bit tighter as i'm only looking to improve spool time and I don't think it will take a lot to achieve that. I'm gonna shoot for 2500 0-boost.

I just acquired one of these turbos second hand and it's a great turbo and pulls awesome. I definitely have to replace the stock converter now. I have a 2800 0-boost from another car on the shelf but i'm going to shoot for a bit tighter as i'm only looking to improve spool time and I don't think it will take a lot to achieve that. I'm gonna shoot for 2500 0-boost.
I’ve got one of full throttles nlu 9.5” rev x converters with a 6262 that hits about 2450@0 and am going to pull it to have it loosened up as I am having a hard time getting a good 60’ on just the foot brake. I think 2700-2800 would be much better with this turbo if your going to drag race. If not my car is great on the street right now.