6262/6265 Turbo

GNsnake

Anyone using one of these turbos? Which version BB or JB? How do you like it? Which converter are you using? I have a te-60 now and was thinking of getting one of these.

Chris

GT 6265 dbl bb on order. Hope to have it this week. It'll be replacing a TA-61. I'll let you know the difference between the two.

Mike Barnard

I have the 6262 dbb, but have had some other issues I've been sorting out since early this summer. I can say the turbo spools VERY fast, but that doesn't really do any good without numbers. I ran three passes at the track but had so many issues to work out the numbers are meaningless. I hope to post up some times this spring on the below combo...I suspect I'm going to be in the LOW 12-high 11 catagory with this combo....

Thanks man, what kind of timing and boost was he running? It sounds like a nice turbo.

TE60/.63 garrett hsg, champion irons, champion intake, 206 roller kit, 60's, TT chip, Razor's alky, Ls1 maf/T+, Mease SLIC, THDP, Janis transmission, Precision 3200 5 disc l/u converter, stock bottom end, 516rwhp/555rwt @23psi, 562rwhp/578rwt converter locked, assembled and tuned at KDK Performance Orlando Fl.

Thanks man, what kind of timing and boost was he running? It sounds like a nice turbo.

TE60/.63 garrett hsg, champion irons, champion intake, 206 roller kit, 60's, TT chip, Razor's alky, Ls1 maf/T+, Mease SLIC, THDP, Janis transmission, Precision 3200 5 disc l/u converter, stock bottom end, 516rwhp/555rwt @23psi, 562rwhp/578rwt converter locked, assembled and tuned at KDK Performance Orlando Fl.
I talked to him 2 days ago and he said it was 27 psi with the 3255 and about 25 with the 6262. He used one of my TT chips and bumped the timing a couple degrees in all gears i think he said 24 degrees. It was still a little fat imo. But no wideband so hes staying safe.

I talked to him 2 days ago and he said it was 27 psi with the 3255 and about 25 with the 6262. He used one of my TT chips and bumped the timing a couple degrees in all gears i think he said 24 degrees. It was still a little fat imo. But no wideband so hes staying safe.

Brian,

I need this!!! I need some boys from the Con to put my junk together!

Brian,

I need this!!! I need some boys from the Con to put my junk together!

Are we special in CT or something?:biggrin: Ill be in Orange county CA in feb or march. Still far from you though

Are we special in CT or something?:biggrin: Ill be in Orange county CA in feb or march. Still far from you though

A single state that contains both you and Otto and you have to ask if you are special!? :wink:

Conneticut is a small state.... I'm suprised it can hold the both of them!

:biggrin:

:biggrin:

Small and annoying with all the damn liberals here. No drag strips either:mad: If i was within 30 miles of a strip id be there at least once a week.

I spoke to Precision Turbo today and asked some questions about the billet wheels.

-The 62 Billet Wheel is rate at 670 FWHP
-They know of a DOHC Import Motor that has made 750 RWHP on E85 (62/62)
That is around 800 FWHP....Now obviously a pushrod motor will be less efficient and will not spin to 10K but this is still very promising.
-There is a 62 with a 35R hot side that made 800 RWHP according to shearerfab.com
-according to Precision Turbo the 62 should be an all around better turbo that the wheels it replaces.

Man I need to get my junk together!!!

Those are some really impressive numbers and even better than I had heard earlier this year! :cool: