6 Point Cage in 87 GN

breiter

Coolboost
I just got my car back from having a cage installed. It turned out pretty good. I was worried about the door bars but it is really easy to get in and out of. The bends to get around the door panels and concert speaker perch are as tight as they can be. I don't really have much road noise as some mentioned the cage would cause. I do have a noisy 10-bolt so it probably covers up most of the sound I would hear.

Attachments

• Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 421
  • Picture 106.jpg
    Picture 106.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 418
  • Picture 107.jpg
    Picture 107.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 421
  • Picture 108.jpg
    Picture 108.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 422
  • Picture 110.jpg
    Picture 110.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 432
Looks good! Are they the JAX leather seats? How much did the rollbar cost installed if i may ask? Im thinking of doing the same thing. Would you know what track times the bar qualifies for?

Seats are actually "pleather" which is vinyl that looks like leather. The silver has a carbon fiber pattern. I had the headset covers made at a local sewing company. The 6-point role bar cost $650.00 installed which I think was a great price. I only have plans for the car to run in the 10's and it was built to pass tech for that. I think you have to have 8-point in the 9's. I chose not to have the two little bars that run from the center hoop to the floor behind the front seats; hence 7th and 8th points. You can still get in the back seat but I am not sure anyone has ever ridden back there. I added the role cage because the local 3 or 4 IHRA tracks I play at required it when faster than 7.50 in 1/8th or under 12 in 1/4. thanks

The builder said it will pass all the IHRA track specs. The closest NHRA track is Commerce, GA and when I take it there I expect it to pass but they may say something. We'll see. Hopefully because it is a driver and should only go mid 10's I can get by with it. I can add the rest of the cage if needed but I don't have any plans to do so.