547 Sold

GNX # 41 said:
New owner of 547 owns some incredible and rare muscle cars. So unless you can tempt him with some 60s muscle plus cash your out of the picture jusa6.
LOL
Maybe jusa6 can go after the next one in line.....546. :D

8t7gn said:
Maybe jusa6 can go after the next one in line.....546. :D
i talked to the original owner of 547, they turned down my 120k offer, 150k will buy the car,but i refused that time,now i regret it :( what is the carfax on 546? a little interested knowing it was the second to last in the production line :biggrin:

jusa6 said:
i talked to the original owner of 547, they turned down my 120k offer, 150k will buy the car,but i refused that time,now i regret it :( what is the carfax on 546? a little interested knowing it was the second to last in the production line :biggrin:
What is all this crazyness about #547.........I know it is the last one made, but come on..........150,000 ---Three times the price of another GNX. It is not like they made 20,000 of them and you have the last one, and even then it is not worth paying 3x's money. ALL GNX's are rare....there are only 547 of them!!! Who cares who has the last one made.

We are all just speculating on the sale price of #547. It's possible it sold for less than 150K because the owner realized he couldn't get 150K or it's possible it sold for more. Only two people really know and it's none of our business and is irrelevant. The market price is set by what a willing seller and buyer agreed to in a private sale.

As for #547s significance it is historic in that it is the last GNX ever to be built, yes at 547 they are all rare but only #001 and #547 have an automotive historic significance to go along with being rare in my opinion.
# 547 justifiably commands a huge premium over all other GNXs due to that significance. Plus I think # 547 was an original owner car still in the wrapper which in and of itself commands a premium?

Poor #547 :(

It has never been driven... there's a good chance that it is now incapable of being driven.

GNX #547 is simply a piece of art.

Hopefully the new owner drives it, but I doubt it.

It would suck to be GNX #547. Even the guy with the $3,000,000 Hemi Cuda drives it sometimes.

GNX 233 said:
What is all this crazyness about #547.........I know it is the last one made, but come on..........150,000 ---Three times the price of another GNX. It is not like they made 20,000 of them and you have the last one, and even then it is not worth paying 3x's money. ALL GNX's are rare....there are only 547 of them!!! Who cares who has the last one made.
you're right,all gnx's are rare from all breeds of the TR world. But true indeed,#001 and #547 are special in one way or another, but hey it's problably my fanatism for these cars,and my way of thinking. I belive #547 was sold more than the 150k being offered, who knows,but the owner has a legend of a legend in their hands

jusa6 said:
you're right,all gnx's are rare from all breeds of the TR world. But true indeed,#001 and #547 are special in one way or another, but hey it's problably my fanatism for these cars,and my way of thinking. I belive #547 was sold more than the 150k being offered, who knows,but the owner has a legend of a legend in their hands

As long as there are at least two people who share your opinion, 547 will be worth a premium. But, really, 547 is no different than any of the other GNX's. First, last, somewhere in the middle, they are all exactly the same.

Actually they are not all "exactly" the same. Dashes on some models were installed a bit differently, using a pvc tube to guide the speedo cable throught the air duct in order to reduce condensation on the gauges under certain conditions. Also, the number of fasteners used to affix the side fender vents varied.

Joe

The Blob said:
As long as there are at least two people who share your opinion, 547 will be worth a premium. But, really, 547 is no different than any of the other GNX's. First, last, somewhere in the middle, they are all exactly the same.

GNX Guy said:
Actually they are not all "exactly" the same. Dashes on some models were installed a bit differently, using a pvc tube to guide the speedo cable throught the air duct in order to reduce condensation on the gauges under certain conditions. Also, the number of fasteners used to affix the side fender vents varied.
Joe

:eek:

You truly deserve the moniker "GNX Guy"!! :)

It says in that article that 547 was 3 serial#'s away from the last one produced? We all know that 547 was the last one produced. It also says that GM kept #500 which I have never heard anywhere. Ive heard they kept #1 and #2 but thats it?