5/8 wheel studs with stock t wheels

434nova

Has anyone successfully run stock t wheels with 5/8 studs? If so do you have and pictures. Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. been wanting to do this but just havent pulled the plug yet. might be something i need soon

Can't do it, unless you hog em out a bit. I didn't want to drill out and damage original wheels, so this is the reason why I have mismatched wheels. I purchased a Chris Alston's Chassisworks Fab 9 and intended to run my stock T wheels, but was unable to without what's mentioned above. Thankfully, my friend gave me a set of wheels he had just lying around.

4d40acb127f861b5760bbb5dd3d603f6.jpg
1cb6e77824a546107caeab1def256328.jpg

So do you think if you hog them out enough it would work? I know on my billet specialties street lites I run the 5/8 studs and a aluminum washer the the nut bolts to. Do you think it would work like that or will I need to cut a recess for the washer to sit?

you have to drill them out and you can get a conical seat for the 5/8 lug stud , youll be running the cone seat the spacer and then the nut

Using the right tools, to do this, is imperative. Can be done on a mill, but takes time to properly locate.
I have a high q tool, for drilling wheels. { Made it in the Cat tool room, some 50+ yrs ago}.;)
It has both Ford, and GM patterns on it.
I've drilled several sets of expensive wheels, and never had an issue. Using a core drill is the best way to prevent the drill from grabbing, and damaging the bore.