5.0 Ford 5 speed turbocharged GN build

You have to mix superglue in with the fuel so it holds together.
9 second Ford vs 9 second V6....Both not cheap. I'd like to see a Yates mill vs a Stage2.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You have to mix superglue in with the fuel so it holds together.
9 second Ford vs 9 second V6....Both not cheap. I'd like to see a Yates mill vs a Stage2.

Many a stock short block fords have gone 9's .. in a SBF its super cheap compared to a buick

a Yates Mill will run circles around a STAGE 2 V6 .. not sure how many Stage II mills are making 2500+hp

2500 hp is fine for a car going in a oval. The HP means nothing if you can't put it to the ground.

2500 hp is fine for a car going in a oval. The HP means nothing if you can't put it to the ground.

Thats why they are trapping 200 mph + on a drag radials .. they are putting it to the ground ... 8's @ 160 on drag radials with cars driven to and from the track is pretty common place. It's getting pretty hard to compete with a V6 ... most guys smart enough are seeing the cards are stacked against them and have made the move to V8 power.
It's just so much easier to make big power , maintain streetability , and with a good tuner they can get the power to the ground.

Love the build! I've had 4 of the fox body 5.0s and now my daily driver is a 2011 5.0. With basics I've gone 11.78@118. They are correct on the stock block, we used to joke you knew the tune was good when you split the block and didn't blow a head gasket when you did it! They go at around 530-550 and 6000rpm. Anything north of either one and your pushing your luck. 2nd most fun cars I've had, Gn is the top though! Jon

Time to break out the elusive Stage III.

Actually, it's time to break out the BS flag, when comments like this one, start popping up..:wacky:
"2500 hp is fine for a car going in a oval."

I was making a joke. We're you referring to the Oval comment?