4th Gen Firebird Swap

I'd suggest reading the L67 Grand National thread and considering swapping to the newer 3800 Series II that came in the 95+ F-bodies for mounts, trans, and overall fitment issues. I still think you're in the same boat for headers and such but there are more Series II turbo 4th gens than LC2 ones so the swap is a bit more prooven and I know someone has gone in the 9's on that combo.

Very curious on how this would work..I'm thinking about doing the same but swapping out of an f-body that already has the II3800..everything is replaced from the crank up??..my guess neway..

i'm all for swapping engines, but not in this case though, especially not with a firehawk. I mean yeah, i can see a regular v6 firebird model getting the nod, but an lt1? You'd make so much more power with the v8, not to mention without going through the hassle of the engine swap. Don't get me wrong, if you do it i wish you all the success in the world, but please consider the alternative first.... :cool:

+1

Very curious on how this would work..I'm thinking about doing the same but swapping out of an f-body that already has the II3800..everything is replaced from the crank up??..my guess neway..
For that kind of power you need to work a lot of stuff over but the crank and rods are just reworked stockers as best I know. The pistons need to be replaced for most "serious" applications as they have the ringlands really high and tend to chip under even mild detonation. Heads can be reworked or there are new aluminum units out there now. Intake is either a ported stocker or a custom sheetmetal unit. Headers are all custom unless someone has started making an F-body kit (wouldn't be terribly surprised but the F-body had the swap option of the LS1 which the FWD cars don't really so that drives down demand).

Firehawks are a rare car, dont go hacking it up

If your wanting a 4th gen conversion just scoop up one that has a v6 already, much cheaper

Just bc a car is rare, doesn't mean it's valuable. You guys hating on me for "hacking up" a "rare" car obviously haven't checked the market on these. My Hawk has 160k+ on it, making it worth all of about $3-4K tops. If you're so worried about me ruining a car, make me an offer to buy it. About $8k should take it off my hands. :D

Nothing I'm doing to the car is permanent anyway, it can be converted back if the market on these miraculously takes off. Which I can't imagine happening anytime soon, especially since mine has such high miles. Guys, this isn't some low-mile cream puff I'm working on. And besides, if I wanted some plain-jane firebird, I'd build one. I don't. I want something different, it's my car, and it'll get the engine I want. Sheesh.:rolleyes: