4th gear not locking up

turboaddict2

Sometimes the trans will lockup at 48mph in 4th gear. But then it will unlock again at 60 mph. Sometimes it will not lockup at all after it has shifted into 4th gear. The thing is I think its the chip. This locking and unlocking happens with a chip I got from eric marshall. When I put in my PTE chip it locks up consistently. I even talked to eric about the chip and he did all he can to fix the lockup. He said to check the VSS sensor or 4th gear switch. How does a chip not cause the trans to lockup? How do I check the 4th gear switch if its bad or not(never did this before)?

If you're able to remedy the problem by swapping chips, than the current chip is the most likely culprit. The chip does control the TCC solenoid based on vehicle inputs such as coolant temp, TPS, VSS, etc.

A scan tool such as an OTC Monitor 2000/4000 or TurboLink can help you verify that the VSS and 4th gear switches are working correctly.

Somethings gotta be wrong in the chip programming. My PTE chip always locks up consistently and never unlocks. I brought my car to the mechanic and they checked the VSS and 4th gear switch are ok.

did you find out what was wrong with your car, mine is doing the same thing and I sure would like to know the fix