4L80E shifter...

Any solutions on the linkage for the 4L80E?

Regards,
Shev

Resurrecting an oldie!
Got the hospital bs behind me, and am working on the 86T. [Machine shop "jerk me around" is not allowing me to finish the 87T]:mad:
I'm still not happy w/ the way the column shift works...can't get it to pull down to first gear.
I'm considering going back to the entire stock linkage, that was on the 200.
I have all the parts, except the "U" brkt for the trans shift shaft. Will the stock 200 brkt fit the 4L80 shaft?
Has NE1 completed the swap, and have it working?
If so, I need some "G2" on what you did.

TIA,

Chuck, PM me your number. I have some pics on my phone of what I did to the linkages. Basically lengthen the round steel one about 3 inches and then make an adapter plate lengthening the bracket where the ball linkage goes in. The factory column shift works fine.

Regards,
Shev

Chuck, PM me your number. I have some pics on my phone of what I did to the linkages. Basically lengthen the round steel one about 3 inches and then make an adapter plate lengthening the bracket where the ball linkage goes in. The factory column shift works fine.

Regards,
Shev

THANKS!!
I made a "replacement" nylon swivel piece out of a length of bar stock, got the round rod lenthened about 3", and am currently using a LOKAR lever...
I've not been able to find the "U" brkt. Will check w/ my trans guy to see if he has an extra..
I'd rather use the complete factory stuff, as I think that will allow me to get to low gear, manually.
You can send them to codymspt@bellsouth.net.
If not, my cell is 770-265-5144

Thanks,:D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I used a cable and transmission brackets from a B&M ratchet shifter for a 700r4 I had from a previous truck. I built a bracket for the firewall and bolted cable to column shift lever as shown in pics.

[QUOTE I used a cable and transmission brackets from a B&M ratchet shifter for a 700r4 I had from a previous truck. I built a bracket for the firewall and bolted cable to column shift lever as shown in pics.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Have the shifter issue resolution coming to the top of the list, very soon!(y)

If you need any further details let me know. I wanted to keep the interior stock with column shift and bench seat for the sleeper look