4L80E Adapted to anything

quickt

I have been working on this project for a long time. The Ford 4.6 guys were wearing me out for a decent Overdrive. Finally finished. Thought I would share the pic before it goes on the website. 4L80E Converted to bolt on SFI bell housing. This Transmission is for BB Mopar. The bell can be used for BB/SB Mopar, BB/SB Ford, 4.6 Ford, 2JZ, BOP, Chevy.

Attachments

• 4l80E.jpg
    4l80E.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 569
dam that thing looks niiiice what converter for our gns and computer for shifting and od ? please reply thanks

Setup is for standard GM 4L80 Converter Spacing. I like the Baumann Shift Computer. There are many to choose from.

I would love to show case this in my car Lonnie. Looks awesome. We will be talking soon as I now crave that 4th gear. BTW, the 200 you did for my Dad was a hit out the park. It performs soooooooooooooooooo sweet.

Here is a pic of the BB Mopar bell installed. Lot of work went into this project. Thanks Guys.

Attachments

• 102_2264.jpg
    102_2264.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 394
Setup is for standard GM 4L80 Converter Spacing. I like the Baumann Shift Computer. There are many to choose from.

We are using the Baughman in the 60 Impy vert/490" 409...Appears to work well.

So would a PTC 9.5" non-lockup converter for the GN work in this tranny or would someone have to get a new converter?
Does the 4L80E stock configuaration bolt directly to the 109 motor? If not, how much for the BOP configuration?
Feel free to pm pricing if you don't want it listed. I am very interested in a built 4L80E for a 850hp buick. Thanks.

Regards,
Shev

Lonnie, so the Ford guys weren't able to get what they needed out of the 4R70W?

I went 8.70@155 in a built 4r70 with a Lentech valvebody and transbrake in a 3200lb Mustang.... I would say that the 4r70 and 4l80 are pretty comparable transmissions in terms of powerholding capabilities.

ps. this 4l80 is sweet and I love the machine work on the bell. Good job! I would love to put one of these in my TTA, but I'm afraid I would have to seriously "massage" the trans tunnel to make it fit.

Lonnie, so the Ford guys weren't able to get what they needed out of the 4R70W?

The 4R70 is limited and has restrictions to the HP in OD and must be full manual and generally is limited to about 1000HP The 4L80E can handle 1000HP reliably and go as hi as 1600HP and still retain full automatic shifts with no downsides other than size and weight. The 80 has been in the 7s and close to 200MPH.

I went 8.70@155 in a built 4r70 with a Lentech valvebody and transbrake in a 3200lb Mustang.... I would say that the 4r70 and 4l80 are pretty comparable transmissions in terms of powerholding capabilities.

ps. this 4l80 is sweet and I love the machine work on the bell. Good job! I would love to put one of these in my TTA, but I'm afraid I would have to seriously "massage" the trans tunnel to make it fit.

Thats very impressive from the 4R70 but not in same league with the 80 when comparing brute strength.

So would a PTC 9.5" non-lockup converter for the GN work in this tranny or would someone have to get a new converter?
Does the 4L80E stock configuaration bolt directly to the 109 motor? If not, how much for the BOP configuration?
Feel free to pm pricing if you don't want it listed. I am very interested in a built 4L80E for a 850hp buick. Thanks.

Regards,
Shev

The 4L80 has its own converter configuration so the 200 converter will not work. The 80 is not a direct bolt on but can be used with a block adapter or the bell as pictured. PM bell option to you.