4340 forged crank demand

material

Just a note. These are supposed to be "Forged" 4340. There are like 10 different grades of this material used in making crankshafts. The grades are vastly different in their strenght. :)

Originally posted by tminer
You might want to talk to TA performance. I think that they are trying to get something lined up for use in the new block.
Tom

Let me sorta "clear the air" here, and try to get rid of some of the mystery surrounding this project on Buick V-6 cranks.

Mike at T/A is aware of this project since it was first posted. He had/has been working with Scat and Crower on spec'ing and pricing a forged or billet V-6 crank. He also made inquires to the company NOT mentioned here.

When this post was first made there, was info that the forging die for the crank was available. So far, no luck on finding it. The tooling work required is very expensive and requires a large financial commitment to secure the rights to it.

Mike is probably as familiar as anyone of the material, strength, machining and other requirements for a GOOD crank. If anyone is wanting to see a forged crank made, it sure is Mike, as it would be an important piece to support his aluminum block.

He is on vacation this week, and upon his return, we will discuss any progress and post it here. So far, the intent is to do enough forged cranks to get the price in the $900-1200 range. Seeing the interest shown just in this thread, it is a very encouraging trend.

Another point to clear the air, this company supplys crower, lunati, and scat with thier raw forgings. This is not a mickey mouse company. Dont get hung up on brand name. As i stated with my original post, just like lifters, ONE company makes all the retro fit lifters, so brand name isnt an issue.

I dont know if the company nick is dealing with is the same company , but ill leave that up to nick to disclose.

Brian

Trbobuick you are A HERO now what is the problem with giving the company name i will not commit to nothing until I know where they came from you dont need to be SUPERMAN to post the company name.not trying to start a flame just tired of the same old song and dance.

Originally posted by Six_Silver

What ever happened with this?

No posts in 14 months until today pretty well sums it up. :)

Let's check back in another 14 months...say, December 2004? :)

Crank Yankers:eek:

I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail.I've got mail. YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeee, Scoob. Let's get back to the Mystery Van! - Shaggy

Originally posted by Intercooler
Their really is no need. Eagle 4340 cranks and rods will be shelf items by Feb. 2004.

Yea! :) About time! :rolleyes:
Hopefully the Eagle products will be more reasonably priced than some of their competitor's products.
Is there any online info on these items?

I wonder what a NIB TTA crank is worth these days?