#428 on eBay a clone or not? $110k

Waited27years

I’m following threads from 2008 and this car has caused quite the controversy. What’s the real story?

I think that car was recently on Bring A Trailer and did not meet reserve. Seller answered questions regarding authenticity. I believe he has the real 428

It's still on BAT if you search GNX.. Interesting to read the comments and banter about the clone.BTW I like your username .... I waited longer. Cash set aside for new truck but when opportunity came along bought the Buick. Guess ill be driving my 2000 Silverado a bit longer...

This car is local to me, happy to check it out if anyone is interested.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's still on BAT if you search GNX.. Interesting to read the comments and banter about the clone.BTW I like your username .... I waited longer. Cash set aside for new truck but when opportunity came along bought the Buick. Guess ill be driving my 2000 Silverado a bit longer...

Thanks! I need to update my username as that was 2014 when I got my GN which would have been 27 years.

No, I'd keep it..its cool because it tells a story in that short blurb.When I started looking for another car, I visited this site and saw some of your posts. I saw your user name and knew exactly what it meant. I remember showing my wife ...and said "look this guy waited 27 years" . I really think that help me convince her to go along with the purchase.

No, I'd keep it..its cool because it tells a story in that short blurb.When I started looking for another car, I visited this site and saw some of your posts. I saw your user name and knew exactly what it meant. I remember showing my wife ...and said "look this guy waited 27 years" . I really think that help me convince her to go along with the purchase.

Excellent! Waiting 27 years, or longer, we deserve it!

GNX 428 was at car show in Sarasota, FL for the 4th of JULY. Looked like the "real deal", spoke with the owner. I believe he made the clone years ago, as I saw that in the car museum down here long time ago....and I had spoke with him about it then. Wish I would have checked his VIN # . IF I see him again, will do it for sure.

That's interesting and sounds familiar about the car in the circus museum. The 428 on Ebay was on BAT and had a matching VIN. It's pretty well put to rest that the car for sale is genuine while there is a 428 clone. Both cars are in reported to be in Pennsylvania

I see there is talk of GNX 407 in the Ringling Brothers museum. Search GNX #407 seen in Sarasota , perhaps is was 407 not 428?

428 was not, but they did step in to VIN verify 428 when it was on Bring A Trailer a few weeks bacvk. Its listing is still there and if you read the comments you can see the grief it has caused the owner. I feel like it impacted his ability to sell. I think people need to be careful when they say "I saw # XXX here with XXX miles" as it can delegitimize the actual car if someone misremembers. I think taking photo of the dash plate would help.

How did you know its on the registry, is there a place to search VIN numbers? I cant seem to find a database on there. I do know 428 was not prior to the BAT auction and the registry verified the car during the auction so it stands to reason it would be listed now.

Gotcha...it shows because its for sale on the site. I was thinking there was a searchable database.

Will the real gnx #428 please stand up, lol. Now there are 2 # 428’s on e bay. Same pictures, different prices and places in pa.