3rd Annual Motorgen Angeles Crest Cruise July 10th!

A4Blk98SS

Alright everyone, it's that time again. The front part of Angeles Crest is closed so we're starting a little further north this year. A few members ran this exact route a few weeks ago though, so I know it's good.

The plan is to meet at Ralphs at 3:30p.m. and leave for the cruise at 4:00p.m. The address for the Ralphs is:

10455 Sunland Blvd.
Sunland, CA 91040

The cruise route we're going to take will run about an hour and 45 minutes, so we should be done by 6:00p.m. I'm looking at different dinner options and I'll try to finalize a place and post it in the thread in a couple days.

Last year we had somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 cars, so it should be a great one. It's an incredible drive if you've never been. See you all there!

Link to original thread.

Bump!

If anyone has any hand held walkie talkies please bring them along. Cell reception is not great on the mountain and it will be a good way to keep in touch.

My buddy and I will be probably be driving the front of the route this weekend to make sure things go smoothly, so I'll report back on conditions.

For anyone interested we're also planning another motorgen auto event this month - going and shooting at a range and then cruising to the beach. That's being planned for July 24th.

I'm still figuring out the food situation for the 10th, but I'll come up with something soon and I'll get it posted up. I'm just trying to figure out a place where we won't run into too much traffic. Thanks!

Sean

Bump!

This is on Saturday!

A handful of people have run this in the last week and have reported back that the road is in great shape overall. It should be a really nice drive!

Bring your walkie talkies if you have them!

Alright everyone, tomorrow is the big day! Remember, we're meeting at 3:30p.m. and leaving the parking lot at 4:00p.m.

The address for Ralphs is:

10455 Sunland Blvd.
Sunland, CA 91040

I just spent the last couple hours cleaning up the google map directions (they're flaky) and here are the finished directions for tomorrow. I will print some out, but please feel free to print your own or check them out.

We're going to go to Fuddruckers at Ontario Mills after the run for dinner. This is reflected in the directions. The address for Fuddruckers is:

4423 Mills Circle, Ontario, CA

After the run we'll have videos and pictures, so keep checking here for updates. See you tomorrow - bring walkie talkies if you have them!

Sean

Thanks to everyone for coming! We had just about 40 cars total. On the first video you'll see about 30 - some people missed a turn on the directions and took a more scenic route ;)

Here is the first video and a link to the media thread. Here are some random pictures:

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_36.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_72.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_45.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_35.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_64.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_46.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_43.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_33.jpg

AngelesCrest_10-07-10_02.jpg

On July 24th a group is going shooting at a range and then cruising to the beach, and on August 14th we'll do another cruise. Destination to be determined. See you all soon!

Sean