NGK 5430 BCR8ES found

Turns out I have been running these already, I had forgotten. Lol

Attachments

• 41ADFABC-5EC2-4093-B941-DA64C4D5D77C.jpeg
    41ADFABC-5EC2-4093-B941-DA64C4D5D77C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
The 5430 is my preferred plug for E85 and champion aluminum heads. I use them all the time, no fouling issues.
-resistor style for EFI
-gasketed plug, gentler on the aluminum threads
-Non projected tip NGK 8 heat range for high boost & compression

3 week wait? I hope not. I just ordered 12 this past Sunday from a place in the UK for around $52.00 USD and got the notice they were shipped yesterday. Time will tell.

3 week wait? I hope not. I just ordered 12 this past Sunday from a place in the UK for around $52.00 USD and got the notice they were shipped yesterday. Time will tell.
I just ordered from the site linked before in post 1, got a shipping confirmation. Shipping was free no hook up or coupon. Just saying for future buys. 3 weeks was what I was seeing from purchasing from ebay.

When I ordered said 3-4 weeks bu it didn’t take that long. I don’t recall the exact amount other than I was very surprised how quickly they delivered

Because when using a plug that you can't go down to the nearest autozone it's good to have spares.
Takes the wait time out.
Or when the company feels like discontinuing the plug.
If you want to test and read plugs,
Or they foul out.
Exactly....
Appears to be touted as some "magic elixir" for a .2 et improvement.o_O
Kinda like Hadacol was a cure for everything that ails you.
For those too young to remember:
Hadacol was a patent medicine marketed as a vitamin supplement. Its principal attraction, however, was that it contained 12 percent alcohol (listed on the tonic bottle's label as a "preservative"),

Exactly....
Hadacol was a patent medicine marketed as a vitamin supplement. Its principal attraction, however, was that it contained 12 percent alcohol (listed on the tonic bottle's label as a "preservative"),
I don't remember anyone touting these as some kind of magic pill that delivers extra performance. These were simply discovered when someone in our community wanted a colder plug that fit all of the criteria for aluminum heads and a stock computer. There were other plugs available that fit almost all of the criteria but were non resister types. They can cause the stock computer to do odd things. Our engines also don't like iridium or platinum plugs. Then along came the Brisk plugs with even colder options. Once a person switches to an aftermarket computer, he can use readily available non resistor plugs from the parts store.

As far as Hadacol goes, I am 63 years old and have been a studier of human nutrition for many years and the history of food as it relates to human health and I am surprised that I have never hear of it. Then again, most all magic elixirs sold in the past were mostly alcohol. I suppose it would be hard to know the names of all of them.

Planning to use these in my 2.5 stroker 4cylinder Pinto motor. It has an Esslinger aluminum head and currently running projected plugs. No issues with them but am curious if these non projected plugs will make any difference. If not, atleast I'll have plenty of spares. Seems like a decent price too.

Yeah when I order these 5430's I usually get 24 or more at once just so I have them on hand. I still run out because all the local guys are asking to buy them from me!

The Brisk is also excellent with all the same features (and more heat range options), and much easier to get. Just a lot more expensive.

Yeah when I order these 5430's I usually get 24 or more at once just so I have them on hand. I still run out because all the local guys are asking to buy them from me!

The Brisk is also excellent with all the same features (and more heat range options), and much easier to get. Just a lot more expensive.
I run the brisk plugs on the ta heads al heads.
They have been great

Exactly....
On the ta heads if using a stock ecm unfortunately the common plug will not work.some of us found out the hard way without being told from the vendors😉
T type6 has discussed it as well as others and I have seen it on the cars here too.
Pugs are interesting discussion I do feel the non projectile plugs are the way to go to give the motor the best chance with the strap and electrode set much further out of the chamber.
Gains are in the ability to achieve power with no detonation and I have run protected plugs over 30 psi in the past with good results but I have also seen the bad with all of them.
If the cylinder pressure is high the non projectile is my go to.
As far as elixir lol I prefer my bottle doesnt lie to me and go straight for the whiskey or bourbon 😉

I don't remember anyone touting these as some kind of magic pill that delivers extra performance. These were simply discovered when someone in our community wanted a colder plug that fit all of the criteria for aluminum heads and a stock computer. There were other plugs available that fit almost all of the criteria but were non resister types. They can cause the stock computer to do odd things. Our engines also don't like iridium or platinum plugs. Then along came the Brisk plugs with even colder options. Once a person switches to an aftermarket computer, he can use readily available non resistor plugs from the parts store.

As far as Hadacol goes, I am 63 years old and have been a studier of human nutrition for many years and the history of food as it relates to human health and I am surprised that I have never hear of it. Then again, most all magic elixirs sold in the past were mostly alcohol. I suppose it would be hard to know the names of all of them.
The brisk also uses the silver core which is very hard to foul out
So I have found you can run a much colder plug on the street and not foul out and get the protection of the colder plug when the things start heating up from street use.

Since I am a relative noob to some aspects of head specs, I will have 2 or three sets of plugs of various flavors on hand at the Nats so the pro that may be coaching me can recommend what he thinks. I have most of the plugs that were recommended ^^^ so I should be well covered. I am still running Champion irons so the half inch reach was the most important aspect of ordering all of them. Since I’ll likely run very high boost, I’ll start out with Mr. Spools suggested mr43T plugs being delivered today. I’m running stock coils but also have a Caspers volt booster to install so now I need gapping suggestions. Did a health check on the alternator yesterday and it is putting out a solid 14.1 at idle. My guess is .23 to .26 running 40# max. But standing by for opinions.

I have found power gains running projected nose plugs as long as I havent melted the side electrodes. I usually side gap and index them also. What is everyone here doing? Or is it secret?
TIMINATOR

I am running these because when I searched for plugs for the Champion Aluminum heads Brisk and these NGK were the only ones that came up.
With Brisk being close to $10 a plug it was a no brained to me.

I have found power gains running projected nose plugs as long as I havent melted the side electrodes. I usually side gap and index them also. What is everyone here doing? Or is it secret?
TIMINATOR
Refer to my posts.