3800 series 2 mount kit for gbody/s10

Finally got some time to work on blue car-can't believe how nice - 4l60e and short block fit in car.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395010444.585685.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395010460.551740.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395010483.319351.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395010507.685233.jpg

Grinding the boss off the block sucked but worked like a charm-fits like a glove. Heads going on this week- tigged oil drain to pan. Need to shorten driveshaft, get crossmember in and get turbo cam. Soon I'll be ready for headers. Can't wait to see this thing run

Looks good. I cut the first boss off with a sawzall and finished with a grinder. Fits nice with lots of room. If shopping for a cam DLS has turbo cams for the 3800. Keep us posted.

Hey lonnie, When you did the mock up with the stock GN Hub/balancer. Did it fit correctly? Ive got the accessories figured out with the stock water pump with spacer and an extra pulley. But Im having a hard time getting the right spacement (length) with the Crank pulley. l36 balancer and astro van pulley are right length but cant seem to get it to run true. latest progress *Made a bracket that uses the stock crossmember for 4l60e. Used trans bracket/lever off 2004r . shortened drive shaft 3 inches. Fits like a glove. now just have to figure out pulleys

Attachments

• GetAttachment-1.jpg
    GetAttachment-1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 267
  • GetAttachment-2.jpg
    GetAttachment-2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 263
  • GetAttachment-3.jpg
    GetAttachment-3.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 249
  • GetAttachment-4.jpg
    GetAttachment-4.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 259
I took the stock lc2 balancer and cut it down to match the l36 balancer. Are you trying to use the lc2 balancer as is?

No I haven't tryed yet. Was just tossing around the idea of a older balancer and then transferring the rings . All the older balancers have a flat surface area perfect for mounting a serpentine pulley .The only 3800 balancer that are available that I've found are the rubber and the l36 which you have. I'd think I'd have to machine the pedestals 4 and make a spacer. For it to run true.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397439209.238765.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397439227.806629.jpg

Here are a couple more shots. Neck for thermostat will need modding but there is room. Tomorrow intake will be bolted down . Engine will look like v6 ls1. Oh well. So back to pulleys this week.just got to find someone to machine a couple of things for me around my area and the rest of project should be gravy.

So is this finally a bolt in option?

What's it take to get the series II engines in a gbody?

Look good. That intake easier than I thought.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app