350c need help

blacknight80

hey guys,

I know this is a transmission question but I figured it belongs here as its a little special to the early cars. So my car is an 82 but I have since swapped the top end over to HA. I want to make my tcc work with the 85 harness and I know it has been done but I can't seem to be able to figure it out. Here's the deal my 82' shop manual shows a couple diagrams for the computer command control 350c but nothing seems to jive with what the car had for wiring. One shows a two wire setup and the other shows all 4 pins being utilized in the 4 prong plug. My original harness has 4 wires in the plug which would lead me to believe that is the setup I have but the manual says the 4 wire is specific to the mx-5 and the two wire is for mv4 and mx2. My car has mx2 on the passenger side bellhousing so is it possible that Buick had a mx2 trans wired like the mx5 for the turbo cars?
If I check my wire schematics there are 4 wires coming from the ecm but two are not marked with a color they only have a wire number.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The 82' plug has a purple (12v brake pedal feed), tan/black (connects to ecm/aldl), green (no idea) and a yellow (no idea).

Thanks

Last edited:
The trans out of my '82 Turbo Regal had the four wires and MX2 cast into the side. I believe they all had MX2 cast into the side, even if they were an MX5.

The turbo regal MX5 locked up different than the NA cars. The ECM would lock it at WOT.