3 or 4 inch single shot

Is the type you used stainless ? Wonder on the filler you used for the welding.

I use 308 stainless wire in my MIG, it's non-magnetic, non tarnishing and seems to work well with 409 and 304 stainless tubing.

I believe it would work just as well for TIG.

I will add this to anyone interested in the 4" single... If you have a HR bar on your car, it will come in contact with that tail pipe. I had to have my Dad's massaged in that area to give clearance. Bumps in the road and hard launches will definitely play on your nerves if it isn't addressed. But imo, I really like the sound/tone of it.

I will add this to anyone interested in the 4" single... If you have a HR bar on your car, it will come in contact with that tail pipe. I had to have my Dad's massaged in that area to give clearance. Bumps in the road and hard launches will definitely play on your nerves if it isn't addressed. But imo, I really like the sound/tone of it.

Would you happen to have any pics of the "massaged" area on the tailpipe? My 4" sysyem was delivered yesterday and I was fearing some additional work would be needed...

Would you happen to have any pics of the "massaged" area on the tailpipe? My 4" sysyem was delivered yesterday and I was fearing some additional work would be needed...

Unfortunately I don't, but your basically going to have to clearance it in the area of the HR bracket like you would a downpipe and the frame to give room around the heater box. How much you need to bang it all depends on how it's positioned.

1548429165076.png

http://buickgn.com/3inchsinglecatback.htm Took longer than 45 days but now available!

Not at this time. Really hard to go by a sound clip over a computer to get the real sound anyway. I will say most single muffler systems will have some drone to them but people have expressed interest in a single so here it is.

What kind of power are you guys making with the single shot 3 or 4 inch exhaust? I’m running a 2.5 pypes exhaust with the racepro mufflers, wonder if there is any power going to a single shot 3 inch or 4 or is it just gonna save me weight.

What kind of power are you guys making with the single shot 3 or 4 inch exhaust? I’m running a 2.5 pypes exhaust with the racepro mufflers, wonder if there is any power going to a single shot 3 inch or 4 or is it just gonna save me weight.

I went from a 3'' single shot to the 2.5'' pypes with race pros and noticed no difference other than sound.

With how tight my ATR 3" is over my axle, there's no way I'd try to put a 4" in there.

Way too much trouble just for "a look'' and to add unnecessary weight.

I just put a 4 inch GN-1 single on to replace the 2.5 dule rusting cat back system.

The old system was 409 stainless (will rust), so the entire exhaust is 304 stainless now (will not rust).

It is extra tight over the rear end as I also have a HR sway.

I usually weigh everything as I take something off and put something on to see the difference but I put it in the scrap bin as I cut it off this time.

Has to be lighter as less material is used.

I just put a 4 inch GN-1 single on to replace the 2.5 dule rusting cat back system.

The old system was 409 stainless (will rust), so the entire exhaust is 304 stainless now (will not rust).

It is extra tight over the rear end as I also have a HR sway.

I usually weigh everything as I take something off and put something on to see the difference but I put it in the scrap bin as I cut it off this time.

Has to be lighter as less material is used.
Do you have any pictures of the tight areas? Thanks

I have a 3" cat on mine, and it has a circular output, the 2.5" dual pypes has an oval inlet. There is no outside leakage at the flange, but I have to wonder if some performance being lost by having non-matching inlet/outlets. The drone is a non-starter for me though, I do like the sound of the pypes dual.

Do you have any pictures of the tight areas? Thanks

I tried to get some pictures tonight but did not come out to well. Before I put the springs and shocks back on, I ran the rear end up and down while checking for clearance.

Did not even have to hit the pipe once. I did how ever had to loosen the H & R bar on the rear end and pivot it to the rear just a little.

Attachments

• exhaust pipe tail.JPG
    exhaust pipe tail.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 68
  • exhaust pipe tail 2.JPG
    exhaust pipe tail 2.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 74
  • exhaust pipe tail 3.JPG
    exhaust pipe tail 3.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 66
I tried to get some pictures tonight but did not come out to well. Before I put the springs and shocks back on, I ran the rear end up and down while checking for clearance.

Did not even have to hit the pipe once. I did how ever had to loosen the H & R bar on the rear end and pivot it to the rear just a little.
nice!for those that run airbags there always needs to be a little wiggle room as things move around alot on a street car.i have seen cars loose an airbag off a 3 inch that was a little tight on more than one occasion.without the airbag than one doesnt have to worry.