3" LT1 Mass Air Flow ENDS ONLY NEEDED

TClassic

OK, my stock Mass Air Died, so... a board member sold me his
new spare 3" LT1 Mass Air Sensor ONLY - Minus the ends!!!
For a Translator Obviously.

Now I've been searching EVERYWHERE for the ENDS ONLY! I was told that Kieth Mease (MeasePerformance) may have some, but after 3 SOLID days of Un-Answered phone calls & E-mails, I'm apealing to the board!! I've tried a Few Camaro/Firebird websites
(LS1.com, CamaroZ28.com) but all anyone has are the BIGGER
ends that they Upgrade too, and MANY guys have thrown thier originals out apparantly!

So who's got a Set!!!!

i've got 3.5 ends that i upgraded to 4". i also have two 3.5" to 3" red turbonetics adapters. i dont know if the insides of the lt1 and ls1 sensors are different. let me know if you think it'll work, maybe we can deal.

Thanks Matt, pehaps, but I'd rather get true 3" ends, as I know, they'll fit, I believe they scew into it with torx screws, lets see if anyone else chimes-in.

Thanks Jim as well.

just a quick question...why are you adament on 3" ends? the translator can be switched to accept the different sensors and the 3.5 will flow more cfm. is it just a preference thing? another place to try is some late model auto salvage places. i'm sure theres plenty of dead lt1 caprices from cabs and cop cars, maybe you could score a whole one cheap?!

I have some stock ends from the '98 Z28 I just sold...

Doug C.

From what I've been told, with the 3-1/2" ends, I'd need to SHELL OUT another $50.00 for a NEW K&N, as well as $70.00
or so for a 3-1/2" Tube to the Turbo??

Is that correct??

$185.00 for Translator (WITH SHIPPING)
$70.00 for LT1 Mass-Air (SENSOR ONLY)
$15.00 for 3-1/2" Ends (Guessing Here)
$50.00 for NEW K & N
$70.00 for #3-1/2" to 3" metal tube to turbo (I have the Stock Black tube)

$390.00:eek: :eek: MAN, and to think theres PLENTY of folks
who have gone LOW 10's through the Stock Mass-Air!!!

Dave,

Thanks, yes I WAS NOT aware of that, so....would you happen to have any 3" ends collecting dust anywhere?

Thanks Dave!

I think I have some. I will have to check the size of them first. But if they are what you need you can have them.

Scott:D

OK, gonna try some Junkyard hunting tommorrow, now.....
What vehicles for the 3" ENDS ONLY????????

OK, got an e-mail saying that ANY late 80's 4.3 V6 is good for the ends and that they are a DIRECT BOLT-UP. Is that indeed the caes?????

Dave, then why are they labeled as 3" lt1 sensors and 3.5" ls1 sensors? thats how you have them labeled in your books. must be the impala one is 3" right?