3" downpipe vs 3.5"

87GN 98GTP

Andrew
Wandering if a swap would be worth it from any others with similar combos. 3.8 stroked 224/224 billet cam,pte 67/68 CEA turbo

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Wandering if a swap would be worth it from any others with similar combos. 3.8 stroked 224/224 billet cam,pte 67/68 CEA turbo

Every body is gonna tell you that they need to know more about your combo ( heads converter engine rpm how much boost trans shift points et goals etc.. Then after all of that they're gonna tell you hell no such and such has gone 7s with a 3 inch down pipe with unported iron heads on drag radials...... and you should be running faster and your tune is off and you NEED a xfi. It'll fix everything. This board can be funny sometimes. Good luck

Well I have big stuff version 1(eww not the best but its tuned and runs great) gn1s not ported 3200-3400 non lock

274" stage 2, 3" dp, etc, = 840 FWHP
3.5", same combo, same dyno, back to back, = 840FWHP.

Just like FOX News: We report, you decide.:smuggrin:

Sometimes I wish I would have bought a 3" instead of a 3.5" just for clearance reasons. It does sound pretty cool with the dump open though.

274" stage 2, 3" dp, etc, = 840 FWHP
3.5", same combo, same dyno, back to back, = 840FWHP.

Just like FOX News: We report, you decide.:smuggrin:

Chuck, what exhaust was after the downpipe? You say FWHP so I'm guessing an engine dyno, was the dp just connected to a larger pipe through the wall to the outside? Any data or guesses if dp size matters more or less with a moderately restrictive exhaust instead of an open pipe? I'm just wondering out loud :).

Didn't think it mattered till 800+hp...good 3" straight thru system is capable of high horsepower.