3” Downpipe Reverse Auction:

joe_schindler

Living better with carbon
3” Downpipe. Mild steel; painted silver; with black painted test pipe. This pipe fits on to the stock elbow. It is a three piece deal; with the short piece that attaches to the elbow, then a slip fit to the rest of the downpipe, and the test pipe that has been welded on and cut off. I’ve never put this pipe on a car; and don’t know what the fit is like; or who made it.

Price till 6:00 PM CST March 2, 2009; $200 + $25 shipping. Price drops $20 every day till free. Price doesn’t go below zero; but you still pay $25 for shipping.

First one to PayPal the price plus shipping to netpay@swbell.net gets it. No PayPal fees. I’ll refuse all but the first one that comes through; so only the one buyer gets charged.

About 10 years ago I bought this downpipe off the GNTType board. It was listed as a Terry Houston 3” Stainless Steel Downpipe: $300. Needless to say; I was disappointed when this arrived. The seller made one contact to me to let me know that the pipe was the last turbo part he had, that he was done with the board, didn’t care what I said about him; and I was screwed.

So; I stuck the thing in the back of the shop. I dug down to it the other day; and it’s time to let it go.

Thanks,

Joe
817-312-5445

Attachments

• DSCF0256.JPG
    DSCF0256.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 508
  • DSCF0257.JPG
    DSCF0257.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 507
  • DSCF0258.JPG
    DSCF0258.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 506
  • DSCF0260.JPG
    DSCF0260.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 513
  • DSCF0261.JPG
    DSCF0261.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 509
More Downpipe Pictures:

More Pictures:

Attachments

• DSCF0262.JPG
    DSCF0262.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 508
  • DSCF0263.JPG
    DSCF0263.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 506
This pipe is just like one I just bought from another board member, which was a Kirban 2-piece 3" DP. They have it on their website. I haven't run it yet, but did do a test fit, and everything looked to fit well. Looks like it will be an improvement over stock, but not comparable to a THDP. Still uses the stock elbow, which is a major restriction, but I ported the B'jesus out of mine to help with that. Just my $0.02.

Sounds like this could be a pretty good deal for someone...

I didn't know about Kirban's pipe. Theirs is $185. Now that I do; I'll change the rules.

$100 plus $25 shipping till 6 PM. Price drops $10 a day (just to drag it out).

Thanks,

Joe

Kirban's is Stainless; this one is Mild Steel.

Price is now $80 plus shipping till Tuesday.

About 10 years ago I bought this downpipe off the GNTType board. It was listed as a Terry Houston 3” Stainless Steel Downpipe: $300. Needless to say; I was disappointed when this arrived. The seller made one contact to me to let me know that the pipe was the last turbo part he had, that he was done with the board, didn’t care what I said about him; and I was screwed.

I would have flown/driven to where that SOB lived and put that pipe through his bedroom window in the middle of the night......maybe even tossed in a couple flaming bags of dogshat behind it.

Nice thought; but then I’d be out the price of the pipe; and shipping both ways; and he’d have the pipe back.

This way; I’m only out the price of the pipe and shipping one way at most.

I actually caught a good laugh at this threads comments/reply's. Joe, looks like you may make more money at the scrap yard. :biggrin: :biggrin: LOL!! Good Luck…

Tell ya, I always liked dealing with Joe, I sent him a box of stuff crammed for 25 bucks i think...hope he felt like he got a decent deal outta that one

I actually caught a good laugh at this threads comments/reply's. Joe, looks like you may make more money at the scrap yard. :biggrin: :biggrin: LOL!! Good Luck…

Aaaaaaaaaagh! Don't be talkin' like that where my wife can hear. She'll have it all hauled off.

Tell ya, I always liked dealing with Joe, I sent him a box of stuff crammed for 25 bucks i think...hope he felt like he got a decent deal outta that one

It was a far more than decent deal. I'z just in the right place at the right time I guess. Most of it's still in the box; but gets dug through as I piece this car back together.