3.8 stock block rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.5 to 3 hp per cubic inch is uber hard and mostly unheard of. It is not easy at all. The standard is 1 hp per cubic inch. And that is on the high side.

Only reason we have low HP is because of low RPM. The torque is so damn high and the cylinder pressure is insane. The V6 is so damn small but it has a lot of power. The power per size is insane high. My Chevy has a lot of power but nothing like the Turbo Buicks. The torque is so stupid high with the V6 Turbo Buicks. Such great engines. The power is just so high. Cylinder pressure is what I call a gas diesel engine. The cylinder pressure on these engines are so high.
I raced a Corvette with my T-Type and laid rubber litterly for 3 miles non-stop. My friend with a GN every time he hit a throttle layed rubbeer for over 3 miles. Insane power of the Turbo Buick. I ran slicks on the street and opened up my Buick. I hit ditch immediately. My Computer logged showed I hit all 4 gears at 120+ mph in 2.5 sec. Deadly. Thank god my WH1 isn't killed. I was hitting breaks and prayed my car didn't get hurt. I saved it. But good example of how powerful these cars really are.

Last edited:
It's not my fault. The shit is so rare now I can barely get parts. So many guys have used their money to take over getting parts in the Buick world. I'm so over trumped on getting parts and things done. True story. It's suck a nitch now and who you know to get things done.
I got a Champion ported lower intake. That was uber had to get. You can't get one without a core to ship. They won't let you have one otherwise.

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    953.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
How about you chill and what I'm saying is Turbo Buick correct and very good info. It's real. Look it up. I'm not saying wrong things.
Far as I know maybe you suck??

Dude go away and make an Appointment to see a Psychiatrist.
I just bored and can't get parts for these cars. That is my frustration.
I'm trying to build my WH1 for over 6 years then for 6 months cause I can't get parts for it!! I can't get parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about you chill and what I'm saying is Turbo Buick correct and very good info. It's real. Look it up. I'm not saying wrong things.
Far as I know maybe you suck??
How about you just go away. It's obvious from your latest ramblings, that you need help.
Continue posting the bullshit, and you'll get some "help", that will put an end to the nonsense.

Go back and read your posts from the beginning your all over the place you where given advise from some of the greatest minds on this board as to what to do.You now come back and say you know what it takes to make these cars run and people just don’t want you to run in the 9’s,cmon man the guys here are tired of listening to you if what you are now saying is turbo Buick correct why are you asking guys for help as what needs to be done.You don’t see Mr. Spool answering and of your posts anymore and as far as I am concerned he is the smartest guy on this board and would help anyone.The guys here are tired of your stupidity.

Only help I need is parts and action. Delete is fine. Sorry I did not fit into your stuff.
How about you just go away. It's obvious from your latest ramblings, that you need help.
Continue posting the bullshit, and you'll get some "help", that will put an end to the nonsense.
Delete me then. I don't talk shit. Everyone is to slow and in a nitch.
I talk from real people and skill. Not made up.

Only help I need is parts and action. Delete is fine. Sorry I did not fit into your stuff.

Delete me then. I don't talk shit. Everyone is to slow and in a nitch.
I talk from real people and skill. Not made up.
NP. We can do that.
You need to sober up. No wonder your wife left you.

Delete me. It's simple. Bulding a 9 sec car and orginal. I'm just sharing my love for the cars. If to many people just delete me then. I have love and apparently it's not ok. I can't find to delete my account. The owners have it turned off. Delete so your nitch is happy. I don't care anymore. Yes, I know how to buy and build a 9 sec car. :)

What spark plug do I buy for my '86 Turbo Buick? Why do I use a 42 plug in my 10 sec + Buick?

Guy you’ve obviously been up all night drinking go lay down and stop posting.
You rock. You are not much wrong. I'm sorry. That was never my thing to bug you. I love this forum. I love the peeps that keeps the cars alive. It's just so hard for me on 2023 to get any Turbo Buick parts at all. Everyone has used and abused them and blew them up.
I'm struggling to find anything to keep these this alive. It's not a 1 week adventure. It is a 1 year adventure or a 2 year adventure. I can't get anything in anything in a short time frame. It's almost impossible!! It is an absolute mess to get anything that makes a high HP and get the parts! Unless you know someone you can't get crap in a time line unless it's a pan gasket. You can have a fortune in money and nobody will get you what you want and most times is some drama crap of some poor guy that ordered one and can't pay for it?
I could have had a 9 sec engine today by now but the drama and time line behind it I'd rather be the slower guy and explode my stock short block and seeing what my tuner skills can do.
The community is so off scale. It's upper crusters only and sell some gaskets wide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.