3.8 stock block rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Husek has a short block ready to go . The build is very similar to my new motor ( not the one in my signature ) that he built for me 2 years ago . I believe he wants $6000 with a good core & $7000 without . Give him a call @ 516-860-5287 anytime after 12pm

Dave Husek has a short block ready to go . The build is very similar to my new motor ( not the one in my signature ) that he built for me 2 years ago . I believe he wants $6000 with a good core & $7000 without . Give him a call @ 516-860-5287 anytime after 12pm
In his last post now he wants one to do 1000 to 1500hp now and run 9s.
Look where the thread started😉

Are you at the building stage yet ? $$$$$$$$$$$ an $$$$$$$$$$$ an MO $$$$$$$$$$. :eek: Grows faster than the car flying down the track. Good times but better have the tune on. Good luck. ;)

I'm going to call TA this week and ask for many parts and reasons! :)
My main goal is a full aluminum TA Performance 4.1 roller cam engine. I want to go stock style and not stage 2. I may have to run a stock block for temp time to get it running until the main goal is possible.

I don't understand why no builders have not sent me messages on anything about cost or availability to get it done? Cash in hand!

Last edited:
My budget is pretty big. I just want a good strong long block right now. Prefer TA Aluminum but full forged and capped or girdled stock block is a second option. Please message me to get it done. Thanks!! I want to drive my car this year and not next year. And I don't want to surf the web and call all across the US to do it. Thanks!

A friend of mine is a very reputable circle track engine builder here in the northeast, he has been turning work away because he is overloaded. The guy is able to do super quality work, and he is like a robot with the pace and precision. I think the business of engine building has dwindled, and the guys left are loaded to the gills. Additionally, you can't just expand a business like that. Finding qualified people to work for you is extremely difficult, and purchasing equipment and space to be more productive is cost prohibitive for a small business. He can build a variety of stuff, and has, but can no longer handle more business, and he is at a point where does not want to expand. Finding help that will work like he does and maintain the quality he does is near impossible. When he retires, he is going to leave a big hole, does not look like many in the younger generations are interested in getting into this kind of business.

Yeah, all the Buick legends are falling off the map. It's getting really hard these days of finding anyone doing the work it takes to make 3+ hp per cubic inch on these engines. And everyone is very busying doing all the work on LS engines too! The Buick Engine work has shrunk by 10000000 miles.
I have a local guy that has done all the quick Turbo Buicks in my area. Fastest was Armstrong. He ran 8's quarter mile local with a full built stock block with TA heads and roller cam and big tire. Awesome car.

The engine was full forged, girdle, balanced and blue printed. The local guy sold one of his tooling and is trying to get it back for me. :)

I'm not a noob. I've worked on and studied these cars for over 20 years. I know what I'm getting into and what is needed.

I tested products for Bob Baily and PTE and CAS. I helped Bob Baily test during the time for his chip. It's still the chip I love and use. HOURS. :)
I also tested the 9/11 converters which I have to remove due to it didn't handle the power when I started turning it up.

The Trans forum will not let me post.

How do I convert to lockup to non-lockup? I need a 9" non-lockup to run the converter I need for 9's and need to know how and what parts to do it.
I know the front shaft needs plugged but not sure on the rest and if anyone has a kit I need to buy to do it. I need a minimum of a solid 3,500 stall. and a convertor that can handle the power. The old 9/11 I have I over powered and the trans would not shift.

The 9/11 stalled at 3,700 but could not hold the power.

Last edited:
I can't post anywhere. The admins has it locked down.
I'm looking at a 67/66 turbo PTE ball bearing. I see some have had issues with it locking up with low miles due to the steel bearing. I need a 9 sec turbo that can do a lot of street time and kick a 9. Recommendations?

I drive my car often for a weekend of 500+ miles and race it. So need air and speed. It is possible with the right parts.

Last edited:
I'm a computer engineer and admins you have this forum locked down to tight. :) FYI. :)

Look at the forum rules and make sure it's set right. I don't think it is.
It's set to tight on expecting noobs. Which doesn't allow the non-noobs to post right.
I suggest those with posting time to post what they want in trust. :)

Last edited:
And you have a security hole and can keep posting even though locked down. :)

I'm a good friend. Just trying to help make this experience smooth. :)

There are no "new" rules on posting.
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Sounds like you are too close to the bong or the Jack Daniels.
I'll forward your ramblings to Jay. He can respond.

There are no "new" rules on posting.
I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Sounds like you are too close to the bong or the Jack Daniels.
I'll forward your ramblings to Jay. He can respond.

Account looks fine to me. Can you post a screenshot of the error?

Is this still avail? I'm interested!
Sorry late to post. I had a family emergency for 2 weeks.

Everyone was way to late. I bought a used stock engine from someone in Iowa. Temp use it. Local Iowa builder is going to rebuild my original engine stock and use the other block for a full forged 4.1. He knows what he's doing. He is also getting me off my 1007 Felpro heads requirement which is discontinued to mill them and I got RJC head gasket kit and his nice front mount intercooler to replace my CASV4R. I also got a TON of parts from gbody.com and Full Throttle. Ordered a torque converter, valve springs and a 62/66 turbo from Full Throttle. They are doing nice work for me.

I called and lag responded from a top builder but it's to late. I'm deep in having to do other things even though I have the money to do otherwise.
Due to lag responses I had to improvise to other options.

Party on.

Last edited:
First build is stock 3.8. All ported heads, intake, 62mm upper. 2 Fuel pumps. 218/218 flat tappet cam. 62/66 turbo. RJC front mount. Full Throttle lockup convertor. Alchy dual nozzle. Bob Bailey computer setup, 3" Terry Houston DP and ATR 3" single exhaust. Dave Barns transmission. Mid 10 car. Edge of stock bottom end and drive train.

Next version will be 9 sec car with upgraded engine, trans, computer, and rear end. E85 fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.