3.8 manifold difference

magnus

I was wondering if GN exhaust manifolds would fit on a later 98-02 Camaro with a 3.8 or if it wouldnt work. A turbo v6 Camaro would be a nice unusual car for me.

Gm 3800 and Buick 3.8 share no similarities other than displacement and cylinder count. If you’re turboing a 3800, zzp is your place. Or ebay.

Gm 3800 and Buick 3.8 share no similarities other than displacement and cylinder count. If you’re turboing a 3800, zzp is your place. Or ebay.

You helped just blew up all the 3.8s and their trannys axles etc😉

Ha! My dad had a GXP with a bunch of bolt ons. Built trans and all. Ran 11’s. Real fun cars with supporting mods. But aren’t all cars that way..?:unsure:

Ha! My dad had a GXP with a bunch of bolt ons. Built trans and all. Ran 11’s. Real fun cars with supporting mods. But aren’t all cars that way..?:unsure:
No way I dont think so
I thought they were really different.
In stock form they layed over real hard.
I know guys that spent 20k to run 12s on a ported m90 stock blower/smaller pulleys with those things,between the tranny, the q differential and axles alone was a fortune to get 1. 6 60fts.
Even the m112 blower was pretty slow vs money spent.
Intake charge temps were awefull on the blower cars.
Back in the day I drove one of the fastest ones,actually had the record.
Real difference in those cars between 11.99 and 11.10😉
The one I drove would spin the front wheels with drag radials and changes out to turbos,and trap 130+ on a 4 bolt 61mm turbo way back in the day.
Loved to eat trannies and axles and differentials when the slicks were on it.
Very high matinence.
Needed alot of reverse suspension engineering cause it was front wheel drive.
Never hooked on the street even with slicks.
I remember driving a 10 sec one which spun at 100mph.
Needed a ton of work and broke alot of stuff for high 10 low 11 car which was real fast for those back in the day.