3.8 into a 78 malibu HELP

sweet tooth racing

just bought the malibu and i’ve had my t-type for a while, the body of the t-type is gaining rust by the day so im going to swap drivetrain so i can fully restore it. to any of you guys that did this swap already guide me in the motor mounts. is there a kit or custom fabbed? as far as the ecm im planning on running a holley efi setup. just wants some thoughts and reviews from ppl thats done this already.this will most likely evolve into a racecar honestly so im not worried about the dash and stuff. i have a TH350 setup for it.. also should i be worried about engine bay space for the intercooler and stuff? also what about the rear end... im just trying to be pepared for what going to popup. HELP

Last edited:
Use the frame mounts from t-type and make note of location on t-type. Malibu frame will have hole location already in frame. Just need copy location on Malibu frame for 3.8. Will have room for stock type intercooler.

Use the frame mounts from t-type and make note of location on t-type. Malibu frame will have hole location already in frame. Just need copy location on Malibu frame for 3.8. Will have room for stock type intercooler.

i have a aftermarket front mount air to air.

I put a 200r4 in my Monte Carlo. I like to drive the car a lot on the highway, so OD was a must for me.