3.5-4 inch stainless single exhaust....anyone?

VegasSE

Does ANYONE make a 3.5-4 inch single exhaust for the GN. Obviously I can have one made custom, but the cost to have that done is fairly ridiculous. Are there any pre-made kits for the GN in this size?

I was emailing back and forth with someone about a 3.5" single and then they suddenly stopped answering and disappeared off the face of the earth. Stuck with my 2.5" dual for now.

With the money you're spending on everything else why do you think the exhaust is ridiculous lol. A decent shop should be able to do it for... $400? Even less if you dump the exhaust early instead of making it jump the axle, the complex bends required to go over the rear axle is what raises the overall cost of the system.

But in terms of a common Buick vendor, no, you won't find anyone making stuff in that size. Guys who need that much flow are either doing 3" duals or hardly running an exhaust at all.

don't think so.. better luck getting one made.. Anderson built my 3.5 downpipe and i had a local shop make my 3.5 back half to the rear tire exit..

3.5" maaaaybe, 4" negative!
**heres a tip, search for diesel exhaust setups and cut in trim, then weld :wink:
If you have your own metal, and its cut up in the way/shape to fit, having a
pro weld it all together wouldn't be too expensive. And he woulddefinitly appreciate,
and weld that much better/faster/cheaper because of it.

ex: just from search craigslist; $350 for a stainless 4" system with a muffler, imagin a lil
more search time, and finding a set up were you can negociate without muffler. It can be done.
MBRP 4" turbo back stainless steel exhaust

just my 2 cents

DS

I was emailing back and forth with someone about a 3.5" single and then they suddenly stopped answering and disappeared off the face of the earth. Stuck with my 2.5" dual for now.

With the money you're spending on everything else why do you think the exhaust is ridiculous lol. A decent shop should be able to do it for... $400? Even less if you dump the exhaust early instead of making it jump the axle, the complex bends required to go over the rear axle is what raises the overall cost of the system....

If you can find me someone to make a 4 inch mandrel bent stainless single exhaust including downpipe and muffler for under $1000, I'd buy it instantly.

Thanks you for the responses gentlemen. It's looking pretty quickly like fabing one is the only way.

4 in exhaust

Jack cotton makes them,everybody knows that he's the man!:cool: 3.5dp-4in all the way exit's in stock location.

Welcome To CottonsPerformance.com!

Your gonna find out quickly that everybody's an expert here for every one person who knows what up there are 50 who don't know SH@%*T!!

Call Jack he's one of those experts!

Attachments

• DSC02476.jpg
    DSC02476.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 523
LoL Jack Cotton "makes" them, anyone can go to Summit and order the different pre-made mandrel bends and joint clamps like in that picture. That's what I'm eventually going to do since I haven't found someone to make it. In terms of a true mandrel bent exhaust larger than 3" it still doesn't exist for our cars, and mainly because most mandrel machinery just isn't set up for piping that large.

Funny for someone with 100 posts that you have already come to the conclusion that everyone here is full of "s@#!".

Owned!!

Turbo6Chicago
Funny for someone with 100 posts that you have already come to the conclusion that everyone here is full of "s@#!".

Dude please post count means nothing that's why you have over 2600+ you must be one of those experts I was talking about! :rolleyes:

Same exhuast thats on jacks orange car this set-up has run 9's smart A$$!

even though Turbo6Chicago has more post than Jack Cotton, he don't know JACK!;)
Dude CALL JACK COTTON!!

VegasSE,

Jack is REAL good people. That said are you really in Vegas? I don't know where the price for the custom exhaust is coming from but it might be cheaper if you took a 3" single shot in with a pile of 4" pipe (maybe to a truck shop) and say bend it like this. BTW, I sent you a pm. james

I agree - Jack can set you up... Good people - Him and his son fabricate a lot of exhaust parts and can hook you up... Plus its guaranteed to fit. Hes a true buick guy who races as well as being a suppporting vendor.

4 inch exhaust

Here a video of that Jack Cotton exhaust that some might say is cut up junk! But it's true 4in and it fits great. MajorBoost is a friend of mine he means well and has a hellava car, but he's right there is a lot of misinformation here just, try and weed through the BS.:)

YouTube - Buick 4in exhuast!

Jack Cotton gets my vote! Great vendor:tongue:

I had a 3.5" custom made from the down pipe back and over the rear with a stock location exit and it cost me about $800 not including the muffler.

Here a video of that Jack Cotton exhaust that some might say is cut up junk! But it's true 4in and it fits great. MajorBoost is a friend of mine he means well and has a hellava car, but he's right there is a lot of misinformation here just, try and weed through the BS.:)

YouTube - Buick 4in exhuast!

Jack Cotton gets my vote! Great vendor:tongue:

Man that 4" sounds sweet!

I have 4" mandrel bent from the 3.5" DP back . GUy who did mine could mandrel bend all the way up to 6". Wasn't cheap but it can be done!

Attachments

• MY NEW EXHAUST!!! 005.jpg
    MY NEW EXHAUST!!! 005.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 409
Since this pic I have changed the DP onthe car and the part where it necks down @ DP is gone. Now has a 3.5 to 4" reducer with a v-band clamp!

Attachments

• MY NEW EXHAUST!!! 001.jpg
    MY NEW EXHAUST!!! 001.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 384
owned

Turbo6Chicago
That's what I'm eventually going to do since I haven't found someone to make it. In terms of a true mandrel bent exhaust larger than 3" it still doesn't exist for our cars, and mainly because most mandrel machinery just isn't set up for piping that large.

Well there's two I guess you learn something every day!:p

Joe from JW Racing Fabrication LLC - Seymour CT did mine. I went for the clean look, the pipe ends before the rear axle. I think 4" exiting in the stock location looks gaudy (no offense). +4" on truck is fine looking but on a car is a different story.

Billy%20T%20GN%20015.jpg

Billy%20T%20GN%20016.jpg

I don't drive my car that often and opped for the aluminzed steel pipes. I bought the pipe and fittings from a local truck supply place. Total in pipe and fittings $100. The 4" v-band almost cost more than the exhaust parts.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com