3.5-4 inch stainless single exhaust....anyone?

How does the exhaust sound pounding on the ground?

Joe from JW Racing Fabrication LLC - Seymour CT did mine. I went for the clean look, the pipe ends before the rear axle. I think 4" exiting in the stock location looks gaudy (no offense). +4" on truck is fine looking but on a car is a different story.

Billy%20T%20GN%20015.jpg

Billy%20T%20GN%20016.jpg

I don't drive my car that often and opped for the aluminzed steel pipes. I bought the pipe and fittings from a local truck supply place. Total in pipe and fittings $100. The 4" v-band almost cost more than the exhaust parts.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Just had a 3.5" single system fabbed by Darrel at BEST MUFFLER on the corner of Fremont and 21st. He did a good job. I'll go down and take a pic. I had him bolt the hangers on so I can drop the whole system down and have it coated in one piece. Mine dumps in front of the axle and he did it for $300 (great price in my opinion) It would probably double the cost if you went over the axle. I also supplied the muffler, a 3.5" straight through Race Magnum.

How does the exhaust sound pounding on the ground?

Awesome.

My garage is connected to my house. Above the garage is the dining room. When I start up the car in the garage, the whole house vibrates especially the china in the dining room:biggrin:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Like I said this was done today. Once I drop it, clean it up and get it coated, it should look pretty good. The sound is nice too.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 329
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 326
Wow, there are a lot of nice custom systems.
Thanks to everyone that shared their pictures.

This is my custom made SS 3.5'' DP along w/ SS 3.5'' single exhaust using a 6'' long burns stainless muffler also encluding a SS 3.5'' cut out.

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

Very nice pix in this thread.

Maybe sometime in the vuture a vendor will step up and make them readily available. We have easier access to 3.5" downpipes now, they need to start providing the exhaust to match.

Question, Unless you are running into the lower half of the 9's, Why do you need anything bigger than 3" exhaust?

Cause big is better! Whether its goona make you faster or not who cares. It just looks nice with a big pipe under the car.

There are a few things to consider when fabbing your exhaust. If you go over the axle and behind the tire, it is more expensive, takes alot more time, but looks finished. If you dump before the axle, you have 2 choices 1] a turn down which kicks up alot of dirt and crap, or 2] a turn out in front of the tire, which will send you out of control at the track if you loose a head gasket and dump fluids. On the plus side ( in front of the axle systems ) are much cheaper to build, and are easy to fab. Here is some pics of my stainless system.

Attachments

• IMG_0523_2_1.JPG
    IMG_0523_2_1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0529_3_1.JPG
    IMG_0529_3_1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 249
Yes that is very nice. My exhaust also has a turn down adapter after the muff before the axle. I just choose not to run it. When I put my car on the rack the axle stops 1/8'' before touching the exhaust it was very well built.

here is one i built. :cool:

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 196
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 196
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 195
Nice shots guys. To Underboost and Fuelie600, why do you guys still run air bags with a H&R rear sway bar in the car? I thought that bar would ellimunate the use of air bags...........

Brian

That system looks hard buddy, nice job...
Send that right down when your done with it.

Sweet...

There are a few things to consider when fabbing your exhaust. If you go over the axle and behind the tire, it is more expensive, takes alot more time, but looks finished. If you dump before the axle, you have 2 choices 1] a turn down which kicks up alot of dirt and crap, or 2] a turn out in front of the tire, which will send you out of control at the track if you loose a head gasket and dump fluids. On the plus side ( in front of the axle systems ) are much cheaper to build, and are easy to fab. Here is some pics of my stainless system.

That looks like a Terry Houston 3.5" exhaust system. I think he was the only one selling a readily available ss exhaust that big.

Nice shots guys. To Underboost and Fuelie600, why do you guys still run air bags with a H&R rear sway bar in the car? I thought that bar would ellimunate the use of air bags...........

I don't know "old setup" :frown: I need to remove them along with the stupid Cargo springs :eek: Just had a 1.42 60ft tonight with them with 1 lb in the bags. lol I have a 4'' bs w/ 15x10's on a 28.5 x 10.5 slick. If I had no air in the bags I think the outer shaved fender would cut into the slick. What I'm going to do is sell the rear rims and slicks use my street rims 5'' bs 15x10's notch the frame so they'll sit in closer and run no bags and 140lb springs w/ new slicks same size. ;)