2nd Kill...better than the first!!!!!!!!

needforspeed

After beating a yellow Z last night I was just looking for someone else to pick on,I'm sitting at the same light as last night and what pulls up?A plum colored Viper!!:eek: I look over and tap the throttle and get no response from the driver,he didn't even look over,so the light turns green and we both roll from the light and then the Viper jumps on it,so then I mash my foot down.I beat it by a few car lenghts!I know I don't believe it either!!!But it happened!!I just bought my car only about 2 months ago and I've NEVER had more fun!!!!!:D

Congratulations,

That's what I just love about these things... granted, they have their fussy times and occasionally needs some fixin', but when ya get kills like that, it's sure worth it.

Only one thing.. you said two kills in two nights at the same light. I think I would chill out for a bit. Ya never know who's watching with a camera. I'm not trying to say you're being set up, nor am I the paranoid type, but I just don't want to see you get an ugly ticket that ya can't get out of.

Have you taken it to the track yet?

kinda hard to beat a viper with guages, especially if he punches it first. Am I missing something? :confused:

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
kinda hard to beat a viper with guages, especially if he punches it first. Am I missing something? :confused:

I only have had the car for 2 months,I'm not really sure exactly what the car has,it does have a RPM MAX chip also.We both took off from a roll,I'm not saying he took off first and then I punched it,it was pretty much simultanous,anyway If you don't wanna believe it that's OK BUT I STILL STICK BY MY STORY!

Not saying I don't beleive you because I wasn't there, but I would say my Vette, which problably runs 13.5 (bone stock highway gears) would beat a 13.0 sec GN from a 40mph roll. My Vette is a dog off the line.

Originally posted by needforspeed
I only have had the car for 2 months,I'm not really sure exactly what the car has,

Yet your out there racing it!! :eek: Hmmmm...I'm sure you at least have your scantool running along with you??

Yeah, get a Scanmaster at the very least if you don't already have one!!

So you don't know what mods the car has? Well, if you're giving Vipers good runs, then they're either in the wrong gear or you're car has some decent mods.

How much boost are you running?

Originally posted by TClassic
Yet your out there racing it!! :eek: Hmmmm...I'm sure you at least have your scantool running along with you??
I also forgot to mention that my GN has aftermarket headers(I have no idea what brand),a low restrictive catalytic converter & "turbo" mufflers,adjustable fuel regulator,Casper throttle enhancer,and I just put on a new stock ported turbo.I'm running @ 15 pounds of boost.No scan tool yet,hopefully soon though

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Not saying I don't beleive you because I wasn't there, but I would say my Vette, which problably runs 13.5 (bone stock highway gears) would beat a 13.0 sec GN from a 40mph roll. My Vette is a dog off the line.
We both left the light from a roll, but it was more like a 10 mph roll:D

You seem to forget about alot of your mods.....you'll be a good street racer;)

"Yeah, its all stock dude....i think":cool:

Originally posted by Look Quick
A stock ported turbo running 15# boost and you beat a Viper. :confused:

A STOCK ported Turbo with "15" pounds of Boost WILL NEVER
beat a VIPER, thats 14.0 territory in our HOT MUGGY Pennsylvannia Air!! Perhaps the Viper wasn't even racing.

Maybe it was an old Viper. Didn't they "only" make around 400 or so horsepower when they first came out?

Originally posted by Look Quick
Even at 'only' 400 hp for the Viper, a mainly stock GN with only 15# boost is giving up over 100 hp.
Ya know what? Good for you and your facts,you weren't there and I was, AND I don't care if you don't believe me,you DON'T know what mods my car because I'm still finding about the car myself.Street racing is street racing,maybe the guy just didn't know how to drive the car or maybe he was afriad of getting a ticket and let off of it,I don't know but a win is win

Originally posted by TClassic
A STOCK ported Turbo with "15" pounds of Boost WILL NEVER
beat a VIPER, thats 14.0 territory in our HOT MUGGY Pennsylvannia Air!! Perhaps the Viper wasn't even racing.
I feel as though I must defend my post once again,I never said my car was faster or that it made more horsepower than a Viper.I'm sure you may get your fare share of people that may tend to let's say over exaggerate,well I'm here to say I'm not one of them.We were both sitting at a light and we both took off from a roll and we BOTH punched it.I could clearly hear the Vipers engine over mine,when we came to the next light the Viper shot over in my lane BEHIND me and was riding on my ass end.If that's not a race what is it???If this happened to you I guess you wouldn't be pretty amped up about it?If you don't wanna believe it OH WELL you weren't there, I'm not even gonna bother to reply to any more posts,enough said

good kill, forget what anybody else says, you where there they were not. Doesn't matter if you raced John Force, if ya beet him, it's a kill,(especially in a TR) . Good idea to get a scan tool though!

Originally posted by TKGN1
good kill, forget what anybody else says, you where there they were not. Doesn't matter if you raced John Force, if ya beet him, it's a kill,(especially in a TR) . Good idea to get a scan tool though!
hey thanks,i'm starting to get tired of being called a liar.yup the scan tool is on my "want list":cool: