27 mile ‘87 GN for sale on BAT

Update: sold for $105K to the same guy that bought the 8 mile GNX last week for $200K. :cool:

Last edited:
sad but true, if I had that kind of loot I wouldn't care id at least drive it to some shows
a serious collector

^^^ that was stated in the comments on BaT.

My "guess" is that anyone buying the 2 ultra-low-mile examples of great cars either:
A. has plenty of other cool cars to drive and/or
B. gets his enjoyment from the preservation side of the hobby.

Just curious.. Would a 500 mile GN still wrapped in factory plastic and well documented bring 100K. Or would 473 miles be a deal breaker ??

I look at it like the same way I sort of look at comic books. It is nearly impossible to find a 10 of some comics. A 10 is not much different than a 9.2. But it usually goes up exponentially in value. And even though there are little differences you are paying for the grading 10 also for bragging rights. So someone is not just buying a Super low mile GN they are buying one that is basically brand new in every aspect except the 27 miles. Buying a brand new 32 year old car is pretty amazing if I do say so. A 500 mile GN might present the exact same as the 27 mile one, but it has 18.5x the miles. There are no formulas here. GNs with that low miles are an anamoly and would have to be on a case by case example. Apparently there is a guy that has or came into some money and wanted a low mile/brand new GN and GNX to store in his 10,000 ft climate controlled garage or airplane hangar to most likely never have sunlight hit them or start them up. That is not for me but I don’t hold anything against him. Good for him. I would actually love to meet him and visit his hangar/garage. It would be a highlight in my GN life.

Keep one thing in mind. This car was purchased from the dealer with 26 miles on the odometer. It’s only gone ONE mile since leaving the showroom. I have trouble wrapping my head around that.