26 year TR owner now onboard

WE4REAL

I visit this site often and finally decided to join. I've had my 87 WE4 for 26 years now. I've put over 100,000 miles on her and at one time a daily driver. I have been a fan of these cars for a long time now. Looking forward to the experience.

Welcome WE4REAL (I love the name). Are you sure you're not pretending? Lol

We do need more woosh wizards on here!
Do you have any photos so we can enjoy your boosted pleasure as well?

Thanks GX1. You have a sharp ride. I've seen it quite a bit. I'll try and post photos eventually. My car has been through a lot. The car has become member of the family after 26 years. I'm 52 now, so literally 1/2 my life I've owned the car. 1 repaint, 1 transmission rebuild, I've replaced the carpet twice. Original turbo, injectors, and water pump went over 100,000 miles w/no issues. The powermaster is on it's 3rd accumulator(vacuum conversion next time). The 1st one puked @40,000 miles. Mostly stock w/the usual old school mods. TA49, 009 injectors, 3"TH downpipe, Pypes exhaust. I have an alky set up but haven't installed it yet. I have gone 12.6@108mph w/1.8 60' times. Ideally like to be high 11's @115 mph!!!!!!!! I think I have all the hardware already, just need tweaking and traction.

It's great you've been able to keep yours that long. There are quite a few of us old timers (lol) that bought these when we were in our early 20's.
Thank you for the compliment. I was very fortunate to have a supportive dad who encouraged me to get the car I really wanted and not just something to drive. It just so happend I wanted a GN, went to the same salesman he ordered his new 3/4 ton Ford pickup from in '69. Told him I wanted to price a GN, he had no idea what it was. Dealt with the General Manager and ordered one when I was 22.
I'm at the same place you are E.T. wise. A brake upgrade and exhaust, fill it up with E85 and see what happens. I keep thinking bigger turbo or newer, but the TA49's work great.

I would like the hear how you came across your WE4 and what inspired you to buy it. I'm sure others like to hear as well.

Cheers,
George

I was lusting after GNs ever since I found out about them in the late 80s. Money was tight and I had an 86 Olds Cutlass. I already was a fan of the Gbodys, but the GNs really moved and looked great. I looked at several GNs that were nice but out of my price range. I drove a friends WE4 and was impressed, but wanted a GN. 6 months later, the price lowered from 9500 to 7500. Bone stock WE4 w/Ttops, digital dash, and 39,000 miles. I bought it and it's been with me ever since. A small group of females have been in and out of my life but the car remains!! Been to Bowling Green in 93,97,98,13,15. Always a blast. I've been to Reynolds Ga track events too in the past. Good times there too. Oh yes, I have surprised a few brand Xers on the street and track over the years. My car is nice but no show queen. 150,000 miles now. Gonna see how long the original motor will go. Replaced the timing chain/gears years ago. Heads never off. I've accumulated quite a few parts over the years and one day I'll get around to using them. Oh yeah, I'm working on some old Enkei EK 62 wheels I have for a retro 80s look. I believe Mike Kurtz's car of PMAC transmissions had those wheels on his car. Almost looks like old Buick rally wheels. I have the stock wheels, GN wheels and the Enkeis.

Great story! Thank to for sharing.
I was in Bowling Green every year '87- '99.
After that, new wife (still on the first one), new career, different state (farther away), no vacation and just haven't made it back. One of these years. Great times in BG for sure.

Cool story. For your goals I would consider a new timing chain soon.

Been lurking for awhile. I have learned a lot of things. I'm just lazy I guess. Old school too. Felt like now was the time.

No doubt about being the best TR site. Thanks for the replies guys. My car is a weekend driver weather permitting. I've been to the track, but mostly for tuning purposes on test and tune night. I do put her through her paces and keep the cobs blown out. Original headgaskets on the car. Stock intercooler and MAF. 153000 miles on her now. Trans rebuild in early 2000s w/2800 stall convertor and did the timing chain too. TA49, 009 injectors, Reds chips. 3" downpipe. Just want a nice streetable car. Don't plan on much track time.