255/50/16 Drag Radials

Scarab

I am looking for some drag radials for my car .With bfg's car will lay black marks at 55mph. I dont race very much but need something that will hook as I am going to race a mustang one of my co-workers has and i cant go up in smoke .What would be the best brand in this size that would hook?

I have the Mickey Thompson Radial SS tires. They're 255/60. They work great on the street. The car went from doing rolling burnouts at any speed to hooking and pulling like a train.

I am looking for some drag radials for my car .With bfg's car will lay black marks at 55mph. I dont race very much but need something that will hook as I am going to race a mustang one of my co-workers has and i cant go up in smoke .What would be the best brand in this size that would hook?
Where you located I have a set with stickers still on them?

do yourself a favor and get a set of taller softer sidewall tires.

275/60/15 , I believe 2" taller than a 255/50/15 . The taller sidewall will take the hit way better , but with your combo you will need to practice your street launch and throttle control .

Bought a set of mickys street et in 255/50/16 for 380 off ebay with free shipping

Bought a set of mickys street et in 255/50/16 for 380 off ebay with free shipping
I have that tire in a 255/50/17, the sweet spot on the street seems to be about 17-18lbs. Tried 20lbs first and 2nd gear they would chirp pretty hard at 17-18lbs they grab no chirp.

Nitto NT 555 R, Extreme Drag, 245 /50R16
Grip very well and been caught in the rain and still good