25.3 vs 25.5 chassis in a Turbo Buick

Red C5

I've got my 87 GN ready for cage and chassis work. Originally I was planning on going 25.5 but am thinking about 25.3. Curious if anyone's updated to a 25.3 from 25.5? I'd like to see some pics in a turbo Buick. Also not too familiar with how much more work a 25.3 cage is so any input is welcome. Thanks.

Peter

Well I guess when my car goes to the chassis shop I'll discuss the options. Hopefully will be able to get some pictures along the way to share here.

Peter

Peter, I have a ton of pics of the 25.5 car I sold, including some with the body off. Let me know if you need any special pics for comparison. I have no idea what a 25.3 would include over a 25.5 though. Probably two extra bars somewhere. ;)

Hope all is well brother! Bout time you got busy on that GN! :)

25.3 is more bracing along with paralleling the frame rails from the firewall to the rear of the frame. You have to look pretty close in the bottom pic to see where the bars run parallel to the frame the length of the floor pans. The bars from the rear package tray to the tail lights is the main difference in 25.3. I went a little overboard but I didn't want any fender wrinkle after my extreme frame notch. At my power level I still have a little wrinkle even with all of these bars.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Peter, I have a ton of pics of the 25.5 car I sold, including some with the body off. Let me know if you need any special pics for comparison. I have no idea what a 25.3 would include over a 25.5 though. Probably two extra bars somewhere. ;)

Hope all is well brother! Bout time you got busy on that GN! :)

Yeah it's been sitting way to long. Would really like to get it back on the road/track. I'll let you know if I need anything.

Thanks for the pics Dusty!

25.3 is more bracing along with paralleling the frame rails from the firewall to the rear of the frame. You have to look pretty close in the bottom pic to see where the bars run parallel to the frame the length of the floor pans. The bars from the rear package tray to the tail lights is the main difference in 25.3. I went a little overboard but I didn't want any fender wrinkle after my extreme frame notch. At my power level I still have a little wrinkle even with all of these bars.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
How fast that car runs, with the amount of stock stuff I see in the pictures is down right unbelievable , do you have any more pics of the cage?

At 1 time, I was considering such work to be done w/ my LS car...During that investigation, I saw the "G box", that David Lemonds sells. It's a replacement for the rear x member. A NICE piece! Provides "stock location" for the suspension.
If you look at Dusty's car, you will see what I'm talking about.

At 1 time, I was considering such work to be done w/ my LS car...During that investigation, I saw the "G box", that David Lemonds sells. It's a replacement for the rear x member. A NICE piece! Provides "stock location" for the suspension.
If you look at Dusty's car, you will see what I'm talking about.

How much improvement did you notice over a stock susp?