21st Annual Ford vs Buick Oct. 15, 2016

Anyone have an insider with the Buick National peeps? Wish I could get a date nailed down. I have Sept. 17th and Oct. 15th open for Ford vs Buick.

It will be in Oct. GS Nationals in Bowling Green moved their race up considerably, so we are forced to move to October. This race has traditionally been held in October anyway, so it shouldn't be a concern.

I guess this is nailed down. Who all is planning to attend?

I'm new here. where is it going to be held? can any buick turbo come or only gn's?

It is held at Thunder Valley in Oklahoma City. Not only can any Buick race but other cars are invited to help out Team Buick since the fast Buicks stopped showing up and Team Ford is tired of beating us. These cars include Cadillac, GMC trucks, Pontiacs, Oldsmobile, and this year I believe they are letting Chevy LS cars race. Please correct me if I am wrong but that's what was announced after we only won 3 races out of the whole event. I say this so other Buicks might care enough to show up at their own event.

Is this event at all relevant? Go ahead and open it up to all LS powered vehicles. Maybe 4-5 of them will show up. It's over guys sorry. For whatever reason, the Buick contingent doesn't want to race brand x anymore. Many of our cars are being put away for storage because of their value. Most of our heavy hitters simply do not come. They would rather talk about some points race at Bowling Green and race other Buicks. That and of course Team Ford has stepped up their game. I will still race it but only so I can hang out with whats left of my Buick family/ friends.

If you guys would move the event to other places instead of the same old place more cars (fast cars) might be closer , and race.

At one time, here in the Northeast, these were the biggest racing events ever! Thousands would show up. And all the big Buick guys from all the way out on the west coast would travel.

This was a long time ago. Things have changed. I love those memories but won't try to re-live them. That's OK though.

Hey its bones from dumas tx I will be there for sure and in the 7,s we are going to turn the boost up and kick some butt

Yeah I don't see much buzz about this event anymore? Has it run it's course?

The factory Fords are getting faster and our Buick's are getting older. I may or may not show and race, just don't know yet? I now have a high 10 sec car but it will take this being the slowest Buick in the field to win unless we maybe out number them and that is getting harder to do as well. We'll see guys...

This is posted in the Texas section... http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/ford-vs-buick-in-oklahoma-oct-14-15.443583/#post-3697315

image.png

For historical purposes related to my photo archive, does anyone here know the exact date of the 1999 event? I know its a long shot but other searches have yielded no results.

I did end up making the event this year but without the GN, a week before the event I had a weird freaking breakdown that could not be fixed in time. Glad I went though I had a good time even though we lost as a team. It was not the beating we took last year, we lost by I think 7? Something like 36-29. There was around sixty - seventy something cars on each side. The Fords did have several breaks in time trials. We ended up having four Buicks without a Ford to race.

We had 8 groups A-H with A being the fastest group with anywhere from 8-10 cars in each group. I ran my Turbo Sky in group H with my fastest pass being a 13.68. I ran a winning ET of 13.90 in the finals to the Stang's losing 13.51. Can you say hole shot! We had 7 guys from the DFW area and went 6 wins and one loss.

Group B is where the Fords killed us and went ahead in points, these were mostly 9 sec cars with a couple of low 10's. I didn't watch group A so I'm not sure how we fared there? The were quite a few 8 sec cars and 2-3 cars in the 7's so the fast cars did show up. There were a few guys from the Street Outlaws as well racing on both sides.

So I guess I have a whole year to get the GN ready. lol