204/204 Roller and 1.5 rockers not enough?

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Well I picked up some used parts from the guys on here. One is a roller cam 204/204 0.436 Lift with the 1.50 Roller rockers I picked up.

Comparing this to a stock setup I would think that this will still be better than a stock flat tappet and stock rockers since the duration of full lift will be longer and less valve train drag. I think just having a roller setup alone and having less chance of wiping a cam is worth it.

My question is going from my 204/214 flat tappet and stock rockers am I going to see a power loss or will I be dis-appointed combining it with my combo below? If so I won't waste my time putting the 204 in and get something more considerable like a 206/206 or 212/212 to go with the roller lifters and rockers.

Thanks, Dan

Not a lot of people running such a small roller cam, if any, so I doubt you'll get much response from anyone's experience however I'd think you should have more stick "under the curve" than a stock or mild flat tappet cam. The cam card should show the details. One thing for sure is you reduce the chances of a flat cam.

I went with that cam originally, when I wanted something mild for a daily driver.

Lift on a stock cam is like .390 or so, and a friend of mine went 10.40's on the stock cam...

The lobe spec on that one is not 'wimpy', its just small. It has moderately fast ramps.

You can always put 1.65's on later....

Bob

I went with that cam originally, when I wanted something mild for a daily driver.

Lift on a stock cam is like .390 or so, and a friend of mine went 10.40's on the stock cam...

The lobe spec on that one is not 'wimpy', its just small. It has moderately fast ramps.

You can always put 1.65's on later....

Bob

That's your cam and lifters. He bought them from me.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks, this is what I am figuring is no matter what it should be a good thing. More or less I am just sick of having to buy ZDDP.... Plus everyone swears upon rollers so I figure I might as well jump on the band wagon.

Next is getting rid of the "LT1" springs I put in many years ago when I put my Poston 110T in, what type of springs should I put in with a 212/212 in mind sometime in the next couple years? Are the behives the latest and greatest or are the 918's a good way to go?

Thanks, Dan

Pac 1201 beehiive springs would be great at 145 seat psi, about 120 bucks from mike at full throttle

The PAC 1201 does not appear to be a Beehive? Am I missing something? It does however seem to be a pretty good spring. I would assume that I can run the standard valve retainer with this spring, but might want to look at better locks?

Thanks, Dan