2020 Buick GS National Questions

hflwyo

I have been to the Nationals many times but I am planning on bringing my car this year for the first time. If I bring it I will be bringing it on a trailer to race. I have some questions and would appreciate any info or tips that you may have. What do you guys do with your cars at night? I have heard of stories of people getting their car stolen or whole rigs stolen (truck trailer and all). I was thinking about running in the TTS (turbo true street) class but I don't see it listed on the Nats schedule page. What day is best to get there if I plan on racing? Do I need to sign up in advance to race or just sign up when I get there? Like I said I am not new to the Nats just never had the experience of bringing my car and want to know what to expect. Also don't know if this is the best place to post this or if I would get more traffic and answers elsewhere. Thanks for any help.

We get there on Wednesday , find a spot and the cars & trailers stay there till the end of the event and we drive the trucks back to the hotel . No issues yet . Sign up for racing when you get there . Vehicles that were stolen , I believe were stolen from hotel parking lots , not the track .

I have an open trailer not a enclosed will it still be ok left at the track. Does the track have security guards there at night.

We have had open trailers in the past and this will be the first year with an enclosed , but had no problems before . I don't know about security .

We get there on Wednesday , find a spot and the cars & trailers stay there till the end of the event and we drive the trucks back to the hotel . No issues yet . Sign up for racing when you get there . Vehicles that were stolen , I believe were stolen from hotel parking lots , not the track .

This guy right here.
Leave your car at the track. They get stolen from the hotels.

most people leave trailer and car at track with no problems.

TTS has been a dead class due to lack of participation. Look into turbo pro bracket or regular bracket classes. Heads up classes start with THS.

UPDATE: The event has been RESCHEDULED due to the Coronavirus. Please visit the EVENT website: www.gsnationals.com for ALL the details, + info on race classes, schedule, etc! They are trying to do some NEW and different things that I think only a rare few know about!
Also, we have digital updates available on the Buick GSCA website: www.BuickGSCA.org and would LOVE to have you as a member if you haven't joined or renewed yet! Still have a few of the 1st issue from this year of the GSX-tra that will get sent to members signing up (until we are out of them), and the 2nd issue is about to go to print.

Are they not doing the GS Nationals then this year? Last year was the first time i went in a long long time. Was planning to make the trip back. :(