2018 TSO Rules Discussion

Did anyone make an exception on fender dump?... I would like to race in TSO this year, but I am not going to build my car around 1 race

Sorry, no exceptions. Once we start making exceptions for one thing it opens up people wanting other rules bent

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

You would think with the diminishing numbers, there would be some exception, I know that Tom Robinson and myself are pretty much rule compliant except fender dumps and glass front end, but at the end of the day, if we meet the weight and turbo requirements, It should be something to consider. I've noticed looking at the list that some of the TSM guys have been running TSO to keep the car count up, and it would give the car count a little bump to ensure you have a full field. Just a thought... I would say lets make a vote and see what the guys say.. If they say no, no harm no foul, but atleast put a vote.. At the end of the day, the worst thing that can happen is more guys join that are close to being compliant.. and have some fun..... I'm still going to go... I will be trying to line up some races.

For not ever attending the event and never doing class racing, you seem to have drawn some interesting conclusions. TSO car count has been fine and has consistently been one of the largest classes at BG. This is pretty surprising since it probably has the most expensive cars to build. The fact that TSM cars join in has nothing to do with a "fake car count". Just like nearly every other heads up racing, not every car enters thinking they are going to win the entire event. They do feel they have a chance to win something. If you look at the last few years, TSM cars have gone a long ways. When was the last time two top 4 qualifiers met in the finals?

The exhaust rule has been put to a vote in the past and we are no longer voting on rule changes. IF YOU AND TOM BOTH GUARANTEE YOU'RE COMING TO THE EVENT TO RUN TSO, I will start discussing this with the legal racers and make a decision.
Are you both coming to race TSO with a car that's only illegal because of the fender dump?

Just a thought... I would say lets make a vote and see what the guys say.. If they say no, no harm no foul, but atleast put a vote.. At the end of the day, the worst thing that can happen is more guys join that are close to being compliant.. and have some fun.....

Even if the old voting rules were still in effect, you still can't vote because you never ran TSO.

I'm still going to go... I will be trying to line up some races.

I gotta see this. First...you gotta make it to the event.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I'm going this year. Don't worry about the rules. I'm not changing my car to race 1 time a year... If I lived closer to you guys and was constantly racing with the TSO guys.. I would be game.. But it doesn't make sense for me to do it... Especially for 1 event once a year... I will race where I fit... When I get there, I will race who ever lines up next to me... Win or loose it will be fun.

Even if the old voting rules were still in effect, you still can't vote because you never ran TSO.

I gotta see this. First...you gotta make it to the event.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Unless something catastrophic happens with my motor... I will be there. Unfortunately last year my wife changed my plans.

If you're only a downpipe away from being legal, why wouldn't you make it legal? Seems a waste to spend $2-3000 and a week of your life to bracket race over a $100 part

Class standard weight is 3250#

1. BODY: 1981-1987 Regal body required with stock firewall location and full stock frame with stock wheelbase required (108.0" measured). Frame modifications for roll cages, safety, tire size and cross member clearance are allowed. Frame notching for tire clearance is allowed but the inner frame rail can not be modified or moved from its stock location. Four functioning headlights and taillights required. Light weight aftermarket body panels allowed. No pin on doors or front ends allowed. Doors must have door panels and be functional with functional windows allowed.

I have a fiberglass front end... so does Tom... it's the front end and downpipe...

I have a fiberglass front end... so does Tom... it's the front end and downpipe...

I took my car last year with no intentions of racing TSO. I was only there to test and try to get a 4 second pass on a 26x8.5 tire. If I go this year my car will fit what ever rules are in place. If it is not legal I will not even get it out of the trailer on qualifying or race day. Quit bringing me up in these posts.

I took my car last year with no intentions of racing TSO. I was only there to test and try to get a 4 second pass on a 26x8.5 tire. If I go this year my car will fit what ever rules are in place. If it is not legal I will not even get it out of the trailer on qualifying or race day. Quit bringing me up in these posts.
Tom, the post wasn't made to be offensive, I didn't include you in these post to smear your name, I'm just making a simple objective discussion. I apologize if you think I was trying to include you in some diabolical scheme to get them to change the rules. I didn't think racing TSO was important enough to you to get it up to TSO specs... It isn't to me.. So I will show up NON-TSO compliant and race where I fit...

Well shit I ain't going to bracket race. . Fuck that 20hrs of driving each way to bracket race. I'm out. I don't need to go that bad

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk