2018 TSO Rules Discussion

gnxtc2

Staff member
Since it's that time of year, rule(s) discussion for TSO 2018

- Remove spindle mount wheel rule. I don't see an advantage if running spindle mounts wheels. It's just for weight savings.

- Discuss if V-band mount turbo exhaust housings are allowed or not

- Only allow owners/drivers with TSO cars to vote. No "fill-in" cars of other classes are allowed to vote.

- Cal Hartline to remain RRA of TSO

That's all I can thing of right now.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

- Remove spindle mount wheel rule. I don't see an advantage if running spindle mounts wheels. It's just for weight savings.

I agree

- Discuss if V-band mount turbo exhaust housings are allowed or not

I'm all ears

- Only allow owners/drivers with TSO cars to vote. No "fill-in" cars of other classes are allowed to vote.

There isn't any more voting

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Exhaust rule is my only issue. Allow fender exit exhaust(no bull horns). Only allow to stick out 4 inches or less to get past the paint.

If you qualify for the class at the minimum et. which is 6.30, you are not a “fill in.” Maybe the bump needs to be 5.70 to 6.0 to eliminate this label of “fill in” or “class filler”.

If you qualify for the class at the minimum et. which is 6.30, you are not a “fill in.” Maybe the bump needs to be 5.70 to 6.0 to eliminate this label of “fill in” or “class filler”.
I agree. The minimum ET, eliminates "fill in's". Every car is of equal importance. Car count is why we have the best payouts in BG

Tony Gomes wrote: "Hey Cal I can't log in to turbobuick since we have a weight penalty for a liquid IC how about a weight break for no IC the class can't run alcohol what's your thoughts?"

With the fuels that are legal, I would not have a problem with it. I believe some classes allow a 50 pound break for no innercooler. If alcohol is allowed as a fuel or alcohol injection, weight should be the same.

Since it's that time of year, rule(s) discussion for TSO 2018

- Remove spindle mount wheel rule. I don't see an advantage if running spindle mounts wheels. not important,make no diffrerence

- Discuss if V-band mount turbo exhaust housings are allowed or not v band allow

- Only allow owners/drivers with TSO cars to vote. No "fill-in" cars of other classes are allowed to vote. agree

- Cal Hartline to remain RRA of TSO yes still

That's all I can thing of right now.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
still no allow dump thru fender
go back to 1/4 miles or 1000 fts

GT47
RJC mega FM IC

WEIGHTS:
Standard weight is 3250# with the following adjustments:
50# penalty for a liquid IC
250# weight break for turbos 82mm or smaller. The intent of this rule is to allow a weight break for racers running standard 82mm or smaller turbos. Custom "clipped wheel" 47/88 or larger turbos will not be allowed.
** All weights will have a five pound error factor for scale inconsistency

That is what I remembered, the size of my Turbo did not make the list.
Thanks for the info.
I'm not following. Are you saying you're not legal for TSO or not eligible for the weight break?

Not legal..GT47/88 is insane.

1. 6. TURBO: Maximum compressor wheel size is 88.0 mm /3.464” - inducer wheel diameter. Turbos with a compressor exducer diameter larger than 127mm/5.000" and/or a turbine exducer diameter larger than 93mm/3.66" must use 275/60 DR's. (i.e. GT-55 & PTE Promod 88)
    Compressor wheel to housing clearance must maintain a maximum of 0.080” clearance beginning from a) where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet of the compressor housing to b) the transition point where the trailing edge of the compressor wheel meets the volute. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. Exotic material wheels prohibited. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension. (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel).
Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Custom "clipped wheel" 47/88 or larger turbos will not be allowed.
** All weights will have a five pound error factor for scale inconsistency[/QUOTE]
mentions here it's not allowed, and I was told before as well.

Custom "clipped wheel" 47/88 or larger turbos will not be allowed.
** All weights will have a five pound error factor for scale inconsistency

You don't have a custom clipped wheel 47-88 trying to get a weight break. I assume you have a standard 47-88 turbo which isn't eligible for a weight break but is legal for the class.

Maybe you should tell us the dimensions of your turbo

Last edited: