2018 THS Rules

I'm ok with 4" exhaust as long as it exits in the factory location.
I am also ok with openings the dump to race.

Allowing coil overs would be great too . I don't have them but I really don't understand why they are not allowed....
Relocation brackets are being used to change the geometry of the suspension now , what is the deal with not allowing coil overs that would let you adjust the ride height ?

Bryan

Coil overs on all for corners in the hands of the right guys will allow them to dial in the cars suspension for launching and traction that would be costly and time consuming for a person using the factory style set up to match. Limiting things like this is what keeps the field closer in ET. I don't think coil overs need to be in the class. Cars can clearly get in the mid nines without them.

When setting rules, as mean as it may sound, you want to do as much as possible to keep TSM and monster TAI cars from fitting in to the class. Keeping out cars closer to what the fans have and watching what they can do is what makes THS and TAI so fun to watch. I love the TSM and monster TAI cars and racers but the 4th graders are never excited to play dodge ball with the 6th graders.:nailbiting:

Well , TAI has the fewest rules of any class .
Alky injection
109 block
Any 3 bolt Turbo
3450 # with iron heads
3550# with Aluminum heads
Put 10 gallons of pump gas in it.
That is it !

We have no rules about fiberglass, no rules about tires , no rules about suspension or tubular A arms, no rules about which cover is on the turbo Etc ....

I would like to run more than 1 class but I don't have to
Don't you think that the relocating brackets are helping cars launch better ?

Looking at coil overs to get my car a better stance. If that means I can't run THS it's not a big deal

Well , TAI has the fewest rules of any class .
Alky injection
109 block
Any 3 bolt Turbo
3450 # with iron heads
3550# with Aluminum heads
Put 10 gallons of pump gas in it.
That is it !

We have no rules about fiberglass, no rules about tires , no rules about suspension or tubular A arms, no rules about which cover is on the turbo Etc ....

I would like to run more than 1 class but I don't have to
Don't you think that the relocating brackets are helping cars launch better ?

Looking at coil overs to get my car a better stance. If that means I can't run THS it's not a big deal

To me, 93 and meth are the main limiting factors in TAI. The guts to get the most out of that AFR and Boost and timing knowing you have a smaller window of error.

They are like any part, helps if you know how to utilize it. How many parts are we going to allow to be upgraded is the question?
In class racing some will add parts because others have them or its the biggest baddest part allowed for that area.
I get your logic for the ease of stance, but most racers will use them to lower their ET.
Lines have to be drawn to separate us from them or it creates a messy class.

The reason we have a 3x2 cover rule is it only allows a 67 max diameter wheel, so peer tech doesn't require any removal of the air intake or a plug to make sure everyone is legal. The 4x3 cover opens up all kinds of ways to have bigger wheels ect. that would not be legal. Mid nines have already been run with the 3x2 cover and there is still more left. Broke ,maybe you can switch to a 3x2 cover if that's all that is keeping you from running THS. We would like to have you in the class.
If it gets racers in the class allow the 4 inch exhaust.its not going to matter power wise anyway especially running a small cover.

To me, 93 and meth are the main limiting factors in TAI. The guts to get the most out of that AFR and Boost and timing knowing you have a smaller window of error.

They are like any part, helps if you know how to utilize it. How many parts are we going to allow to be upgraded is the question?
In class racing some will add parts because others have them or its the biggest baddest part allowed for that area.
I get your logic for the ease of stance, but most racers will use them to lower their ET.
Lines have to be drawn to separate us from them or it creates a messy class.

There's enough separating this class from TSM already...but whatever. Why do you allow any suspension upgrades ? And why is one suspension upgrade different than another other ? Isn't the point of heads up racing to go faster and get a lower ET? If you are going to limit the ET it would be a whole lot simpler to run index

Like I said I don't have to run this class.

One rule that needs to be addressed is deep staging !

There's enough separating this class from TSM already...but whatever. Why do you allow any suspension upgrades ? And why is one suspension upgrade different than another other ? Isn't the point of heads up racing to go faster and get a lower ET? If you are going to limit the ET it would be a whole lot simpler to run index

Like I said I don't have to run this class.

One rule that needs to be addressed is deep staging !

Its not about limiting ET. THS keeps the cars more comparable to the stout TR seen on the street. This is exactly why we have multiple classes. THS cars are lean more towards the simpler side of modded TRs. Adding allowed parts every year leans more toward a drag car with each.

Deep Staging..."Deep Staging" meaning if you turn off the pre-stage light you will be DQ'ed and loose?

Its not about limiting ET. THS keeps the cars more comparable to the stout TR seen on the street. This is exactly why we have multiple classes. THS cars are lean more towards the simpler side of modded TRs. Adding allowed parts every year leans more toward a drag car with each.

Deep Staging..."Deep Staging" meaning if you turn off the pre-stage light you will be DQ'ed and loose?

You said yourself that by allowing the coilovers that people would use them to lower their ET ....seems like you are limiting ETs .
My car is definitely a street car , AC and all.. you don't see any fiberglass on my car. So somehow having coilovers is now not a street car but fiberglass is ? Makes no sense at all.

Deep staging is the act of double bulbing before your opponent even makes it into the first set of lights.
YES , DISQUALIFY !
There are those who think they deserve to do this because they either Don't have a 2 step , or don't have a trans brake and can't spool their car fast enough....

My car isn't fast enough to compete with DDay or Mr Hayes so its not a big deal if I run this class or not ....just seems like the class is setup to alienate a bunch of people.

I'd like to run coilovers to lower the rear of my car and handle better on the street. I still run stock springs, stock sway bars and ancient KYB shocks I put on in the year 2000...

I'd like to run coilovers to lower the rear of my car and handle better on the street. I still run stock springs, stock sway bars and ancient KYB shocks I put on in the year 2000...

Ru gona run your car @ any of the Buick events this year- I've seen your threads post many of times concerning numerous subject on the board. Most of the THS/TAI racers know one another but I've never met you. What is your geographical local. The 1st Buick event will be at Piemont NC @ Richard Clarks event. I will be the RRA for that event and Dday will be the RRA for BG and Grapples.

Haulza A

Last edited:
Ru gona run your car @ any of the Buick events this year- I've seen your threads post many of times concerning numerous subject on the board. Most of the THS/TAI racers know one another but I've never met you. What is your geographical local. The 1st Buick event will be at Piemont NC @ Richard Clarks event. I will the RRA for that event and Dday will be the RRA for BG and Grapples.Haulza A

I'm Jim, was in Englewood FL, now I'm way north in Michigan, far far far from Detroit. I usually run a couple classes and hanging with the TAI guys. I ran THS first in my backup GN at Reynolds 2010. Got the T back together to run in 2011 at Reynolds- blew up the rearend in qualifying. Ran the T in THS and TAI in BG I think in 2011,2012,2014,2015, something like that. Wrenched on Hayes' car at the track back in 2011 or 12 to put a new wastegate in and he subsequently ran the 140 trap speed record accidently, my biggest claim to fame, and I qualified 2nd in TAI in 2014.

Couple weeks ago I barrel rolled my snowmobile and had to get a cat scan, all ok, but my 5k deductible just ate up my toy fund I was going to use for a new Holley setup from Cruz. Now I gotta work more hours. Can't make the May race in NC because of family wedding now. BG is out the past couple years because it was right on my daughter's birthday weekends (sept). I haven't been to the track since I bent a piston losing to DDay at BG 2015, but Don built me a new low 9 sec engine, though I spend too much time boating to go racing in the summer. Couple feet of snow out my window, so all I can do it think about driving the T, as a native Floridian, it's new to me not to be able to drive fast cars during the winter.

2014 I ran TAI only, because I drove it 850 miles each way and my balls just weren't big enough to race two classes and hope to drive it home.

The adventure 2014 BG - http://www.filoshare.com/bg2014/

Hey Darrow.... Jim’s been around ALOT LONGER THEN YOU .....an he’s FASTER SO WATCH OUT!!!

He’s gonna drag your AZZZZ WHEN HE DOES SHOW UP!!!!!

I'm Jim, was in Englewood FL, now I'm way north in Michigan, far far far from Detroit. I usually run a couple classes and hanging with the TAI guys. I ran THS first in my backup GN at Reynolds 2010. Got the T back together to run in 2011 at Reynolds- blew up the rearend in qualifying. Ran the T in THS and TAI in BG I think in 2011,2012,2014,2015, something like that. Wrenched on Hayes' car at the track back in 2011 or 12 to put a new wastegate in and he subsequently ran the 140 trap speed record accidently, my biggest claim to fame, and I qualified 2nd in TAI in 2014.

Couple weeks ago I barrel rolled my snowmobile and had to get a cat scan, all ok, but my 5k deductible just ate up my toy fund I was going to use for a new Holley setup from Cruz. Now I gotta work more hours. Can't make the May race in NC because of family wedding now. BG is out the past couple years because it was right on my daughter's birthday weekends (sept). I haven't been to the track since I bent a piston losing to DDay at BG 2015, but Don built me a new low 9 sec engine, though I spend too much time boating to go racing in the summer. Couple feet of snow out my window, so all I can do it think about driving the T, as a native Floridian, it's new to me not to be able to drive fast cars during the winter.

2014 I ran TAI only, because I drove it 850 miles each way and my balls just weren't big enough to race two classes and hope to drive it home.

Thanks for the reply back- hopefully I will officially meet you this year @ Richards Clarks event or BG. Ive raced my car in the THS class @ BG every year since 2014 and @ Richard Clarks event the past two years. I see JD replied to your thread as well with his typical humorous remarks- Lol. I see you are a Florida native that traded sunshine for snow-Lol.

Haulz A

Last edited:
Hey Darrow.... Jim’s been around ALOT LONGER THEN YOU .....an he’s FASTER SO WATCH OUT!!!

He’s gonna drag your AZZZZ WHEN HE DOES SHOW UP!!!!!

And so has you JD- but I still can drag your ass any day- Roll tide.

Haulz A

Darrow don’t start barking up the wrong tree... I got $100.00 bucks that says your WRONG!!
WONNA TRY!!!

I’ll have the tower put it up as a GRUDGE RACE!! SO NO ONE WILL MISS UT!!

Time to put your MONEY WHERE YOU MOUTH IS!!!

JD you got your ass handed to you by a girl- Talking loud dont proof you're the King of the ring and neither does it scare me. I'm not worried about you at all- so its on like popcorm my friend- I'll be there with bells on waiting for you and your money.

Haulz A