2018 THS Rules

11.20n1320

Lets hear your ideas . Was asked by a couple racers to consider rewording the exhaust rule to allow 4 inch exhaust. Their reason was you cant buy a 3.5 inch exhaust like the rules read as of now. But there are 2 vendors that market a 4 inch. A 3.5 inch would have to be a custom build. Try to keep the best interest of the class in mind with you input.

I’m in the process of building my car and researching the rules for this class. I ran the class at the gateway grapple. I would be interested in going to the 4” exhaust. Also does anyone have the link to the up to date rules of the class. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets hear your ideas . Was asked by a couple racers to consider rewording the exhaust rule to allow 4 inch exhaust. Their reason was you cant buy a 3.5 inch exhaust like the rules read as of now. But there are 2 vendors that market a 4 inch. A 3.5 inch would have to be a custom build. Try to keep the best interest of the class in mind with you input.

Dday,
I propose to allow racer's to open up their dump pipe instead of installing an expensive 4 inch exhaust system.

Last edited:
I am with Darrow on this. We all have different preferences in the exhaust system we are using, whether it be a single or dual, or a 2 1/2", 3", or 3 1/2". I would think that most everyone has a dump on the exhaust. Opening the dump should aid in eliminating most back pressure advantages that one set up might have over another, therefore helping to level the field. Personally I prefer the quietness of the cars running through the exhaust over the open dump. However I can see some that some may have an advantage or disadvantage over others depending on the size of the exhaust.

I ran all summer with a downpipe and 90 turndown. I had to remove the ATR dual 3 to access my upper control arms easier. Didn't feel like putting it back on yet. I haven't raced since 2015, but I like a full complete exhaust, I think there should be some Street in THS. If an open dump, at least have to have piping that exits in the stock locations.

This thread was started to allow 2 other racers that have 4 inch exhaust to fit the rules since no one makes a 3.5 inch exhaust. Open exhaust is not what is being proposed here. If anyone has any changes that would draw more racers to come join us lets hear them so we can put them to a vote.

David, I would be fine with the 4" exhaust as long as all exhaust systems are muffled and must be routed over the rear axle exiting at the stock location.

Last edited:
The reason we have a 3x2 cover rule is it only allows a 67 max diameter wheel, so peer tech doesn't require any removal of the air intake or a plug to make sure everyone is legal. The 4x3 cover opens up all kinds of ways to have bigger wheels ect. that would not be legal. Mid nines have already been run with the 3x2 cover and there is still more left. Broke ,maybe you can switch to a 3x2 cover if that's all that is keeping you from running THS. We would like to have you in the class.

I'm ok with adding an 4 inch exhaust system to the THS 2018 rules. My vote is yes concerning this matter. I vote NO on the 4x3 compressor cover. I personally inspected "Broke's car in BG" - he need to install the AC system, remove the AC delete bracket and install a 3x2 turbo cover on his car. Those were the only major things keeping his car out of the class.

Haulz A

No to the 4"in and 3" out cover.
Yes to the 4" Exhaust.
Yes to Open Exhaust Dump (if voted on).

The exhaust rule wording would stay as is with the only change being 4 inch max diameter. If no one else has any other rules changes we should put it to a vote. I think the turbo cover rule should stay as is. Opening that up is going to do more harm than good. But if the racers of the class feel it should be put to vote so be it. Would like to have it done before the end of the year.

I'm ok with 4" exhaust as long as it exits in the factory location.
I am also ok with openings the dump to race.

Allowing coil overs would be great too . I don't have them but I really don't understand why they are not allowed....
Relocation brackets are being used to change the geometry of the suspension now , what is the deal with not allowing coil overs that would let you adjust the ride height ?

Bryan