2018 Silverado or 2019 Ram?

I have a '97 Ram 1500 with 200,000+ on it and still going strong. About the new trucks. Can't afford either but love the new Ram styling. A couple of guys at work have them and haven't had any complaints that I know of. Another thing about new trucks is besides having all of the bells and whistles is that they have all of the bells and whistles (more complicated, more to go wrong), plus can't hardly find a standard cab. I hate any 4 door pick-up. Just don't look right to me. Anyway I agree that the dial shifter is the Dodge's worst feature.

Silverado or Ram?…Neither. Get a F-150. There's a good reason why it's the best selling in the world...

Claude. :)

" 1st. All GM pickups 948,909 "

You can pick and choose any data you want to use.... ;)

Sounds likes and A & B conversation with Dodge & Chevy being the choice , Well I'm very partial to Ford for
40 years plus. But these newer P/U the technology is thru the roof,and you can get a lemon in either brand.
They main thing is to purchase that extended warranty , that 's what I did on my 2016 F150 Bumper to Bumper
till Sept 2023. Congrats on your new Truck Purchase (y)

Unfortunately for Ford, I was a Ford dealership technician during some of there darkest hours. The 4.6 and 5.4 modular motors were enough to taint me forever. Add in the 4.0 timing chains and 3.0 cooling system problems, 3.8 head gaskets.....
I know those days are behind them but I lived through them and can't forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for Ford, I was a Ford dealership technician during some of there darkest hours. The 4.6 and 5.4 modular motors were enough to taint me forever. Add in the 4.0 timing chains and 3.0 cooling system problems, 3.8 head gaskets.....
I know those days are behind them but I lived through them and can't forget.

I was fortunate in the so call dark days to have a been lucky my 5.4 Triton never let me down. It's time to forgive and make up and come back onboard with the best selling pickup in the USA. Just remember Ford played a part in your lifestyle for a while. Lol....peace out !

Got it off the truck, clay bar, paint sealant and threw on some new wheels. The. It rained all weekend.....
b261060e54239607d4515f1f2c4376d8.jpg

78a3a4d7b65862fb2889844e7846d76d.jpg

I sold my faithful avalanche and I am in the market for a new truck.
I can either get a 2018 Silverado Z71 LTZ fully loaded or order a new Ram 1500 exactly how I want it. Not loaded but well equipped
I have been a GM man all my life but the quality in my wife's 2015 Yukon is lacking for such an expensive vehicle, the current generation Silverado looks amazing but the interior is dated. The new 2019 Silverado doesn't look like much of an improvement and actually like the 2018 better. The Silverado is familiar to me and will have the 6.2.
The ram is amazing all the way around but roughly 7-8 more $$. Ram quality scares me as I have never owned one and most everyone I know is either a Ford or GM fanboy.
What's everyone's opinion on Ram quality?
Is it a mistake to buy an outgoing body style even though it's 14k off a 58k sticker?
I figure the 14k off eats allot of the first year depreciation.

i recently bought a 2018 silverado LTZ Z71, black in and out, and absolutely love everything about it!! loaded with high tech features and 13k off sticker! i was a used car dealer for 26 years and bought several Dodge trucks when the new body style came in, and believe me, they are junk! Noisy, slow, gas hogs with terrible repair history. On the other hand, Chevys fly off the shelf, and dealers flock to them at auction. Must be a reason!

Got it off the truck, clay bar, paint sealant and threw on some new wheels. The. It rained all weekend.....
b261060e54239607d4515f1f2c4376d8.jpg

78a3a4d7b65862fb2889844e7846d76d.jpg

Congrats !!! What a great looking truck !!!! Black just changes the character IMO !!!!

Want to say , it will always be a debate on which of the big three are the best truck , bottom line , you have to like what you see/and/or what you are looking at . So putting the drivetrains/interiors/fuel economy/etc aside , appearance plays a big role in your decision because these things aren't CHEAP !!!!! IMO , and this is for me , the new Ram just edged out the Chevy for me by like 51% to 49% . I just don't care for the look of the Ford trucks , don't care if you told me or proved that they get 10 more miles to the gallon , or would go 300k miles without a problem , still wouldn't want/buy one .
If Suburbans weren't so dam expensive , we would have bought one of those !!!!! Rented one and loved it !!!!
Again , congrats on the new sweet looking ride !!!!! Can we see some interior shots ???

Also , to show you what I mean , I don't care for the new 19 Ram , if I was buying a new truck right now , it would be the Chevy !!!!

Found a mint 04 Blazer zr2 last year, brought it to a Chevy dealer for inspection sticker, service guy complimented me on it and quietly told me to hang onto it cuz the new stuff is full of issues. Now if I could just fix the effing p071 code :mad:

Just out of curiosity, what didn’t you like about the ecoboosts? I thought you were a fan......

The Ecoboost Fords were nice trucks, but here is why I went with a Ram:

1.The deal was LOT better with the Dodge dealer vs. Ford by a significant thousands of dollars amount less.

2. The Hemi pulls a trailer better than the V-6, and the same gas mileage.

3. Being a non-electronic person, I do not have or use a smart phone and barley respond on my desk top, and I could not figure out the Ford dash electronics in the 3 late Fords I had?

4. The Ram ride and handling is much more to my liking, quiet and smooth!