2018 Dodge Demon

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Insane for a production car. I'm sure there will be a few around my area when they come out. Will be cool to see on the street instead of the screen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pretty impressive unveil. I found it interesting that they announced that it's been deemed illegal by NHRA. You'd think they would keep that to themselves.

Like many Hellcats, they'll be bought and stuck in a garage only getting a couple hundred miles a year on them, never see a track. Cool concept though, will be expensive like any 9 sec car is.

Pretty impressive unveil. I found it interesting that they announced that it's been deemed illegal by NHRA. You'd think they would keep that to themselves.

I would assume the only reason it's banned from NHRA is due to the extra safety equipment that they require to run that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly YES that Exactly Wht yhe NHRA Banned it!! Also saying that the Car can NEVER Legally be run at ANY NHRA Dragstrip, unless it was Cut Up anda Full Cage, and All Necessary Safety Equipment are in Place!! So I Guess we'll Never see tham run! Unless a Pass can be Snuck in somewhere!!

Interestingly YES that Exactly Wht yhe NHRA Banned it!! Also saying that the Car can NEVER Legally be run at ANY NHRA Dragstrip, unless it was Cut Up anda Full Cage, and All Necessary Safety Equipment are in Place!! So I Guess we'll Never see tham run! Unless a Pass can be Snuck in somewhere!!

Ah yes, but not all tracks are NHRA tracks, Grasshopper..........;)

And there is always the track rental option.

Private Track rentals and there IHRA and outlaw tracks. It can be done. I doubt the Hellcat is NHRA legal either? No bar and faster than 11.49 does that.

So I read $130k for the car? Sound right?

Awsome dodge but cann't see many people being able to afford one.

Private Track rentals and there IHRA and outlaw tracks. It can be done. I doubt the Hellcat is NHRA legal either? No bar and faster than 11.49 does that.

I believe there is an exception to the 11.50 rule for post 2008 Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaro's and High HP Dodges as long as they are a coupe. I understand they are allowed to run to 10.00 without additional safety equipment "because these cars are engineered with more safety" (stronger "A" pillars, side and front airbags, etc.) than older cars. Well, that and NHRA really needs the young blood at the tracks these days, so they bent the rules for certain folks.

From the rule book.:

"Additionally requirements and specifications for Street Legal are the same as those for the Summit Racing Series with the following exception: Unaltered 2008 OEM model year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135 mph do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series Roll Bar and Roll Cage requirements, All drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series Helmet and Protective Clothing requirements.”

As if a 135 MPH crash is somehow not still a 135 MPH crash because it's a newer car.......... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I believe that the NHRA has lowered the ET requirements for all cars to 11.35 for having a roll cage. I might be wrong though. It seems to me that I heard it.

I'm sure when they hit the streets there will be many people crashing them. I wonder where pushing the envelope for factory built speed for street cars will end? 9.8 is crazy fast.

I just watched an interview with a Dodge exec. who stated the MSRP will be far less than the 6 digit prices people are throwing around. There are only supposed to be 3000 units produced so you can only imagine how the dealers will be gouging people. Can you say MSRP x 2? :(

Neal

I think this is just a marketing ploy to get more people to buy Hellcats as this is a niche car. Remember it has one seat. NHRA will let you race it as long as you run 10's. Guess what? That's what the Demon runs on pump gas.

I think this is just a marketing ploy to get more people to buy Hellcats as this is a niche car. Remember it has one seat. NHRA will let you race it as long as you run 10's. Guess what? That's what the Demon runs on pump gas.

It doesn't only have 1 seat, You CAN buy the car with only the drivers seat OR for 2 dollars more it will have all it's seats.
It's supposed to run about a 10.0 on pump gas, so you still couldn't run it on an nhra track unless you put a cage in it, along with all the other safety requirements you need to run those numbers,just like any other car at that level.

Last edited:
Also, I hate to break it to you guys, but the Demon is NOT the first production car to be able to lift the tires on launch from the factory. That bragging right belongs to the Corsica.

Also, I hate to break it to you guys, but the Demon is NOT the first production car to be able to lift the tires on launch from the factory. That bragging right belongs to the Corsica.

Thats hilarious :ROFLMAO:

My father used to have one of those ,I'm glad i didn't know it could do that i would have probably been trying it.