2017 Rules Discussion Again

sackracing

Staff member
1. I am considering throwing out two yes votes on the turbo rule due to 2 of the yes votes being cast by guys who have sold their cars and have no intention of running TSM again.

2. Something to consider is that the new TTS class is 9 second capable and THS is already in the mid 9s. That being said, this year and next year for sure those classes could be as fast as 75% of the TSM field.

3. TSO voted to let Cal make the rules, something maybe this class could consider. It's not going to be me, I am stepping out. Sold my motor and I have not intention of running TSM again unless someone is dumb enough to let me drive their car.

So, the rules discussion is officially reopened... Please don't wait until something comes to a vote before speaking up.

Last edited:
I went back and looked and you are out of the two year window, JD

Sent from Kentucky

This isn't right either Steve, racing in the past 2 years gives you the right to vote. If you don't wish to you don't have to but we can't start not counting votes just because somebody is whining about the outcome of the voting results. Voting is over, one change passed. Are we going to start letting people vote if they say they are going to race next year?

You have a good point about the other 2 slower classes getting close to tsm times which is all the more reason to let the vote fly and speed up tsm.

I don't know what to do. I think THS is about to become TSM. We're gonna have three classes running in same time range.

Sent from Kentucky

I'm not solid on either direction. Just wondering if I should count votes from guys who are out. But, technically that is the rule.

This isn't right either Steve, racing in the past 2 years gives you the right to vote. If you don't wish to you don't have to but we can't start not counting votes just because somebody is whining about the outcome of the voting results. Voting is over, one change passed. Are we going to start letting people vote if they say they are going to race next year?

You have a good point about the other 2 slower classes getting close to tsm times which is all the more reason to let the vote fly and speed up tsm.

Funny, this is every similar to another "vote" that recently took place. After the fact people wanted to start "counting votes". From what I have seen, the rules were opened up for discussion, it was brought up, then voted on..done. Steve has said before he doesn't care cause he is out, he didn't decide, the TSM racers did.

cf98cb41039f77a01b8cafc762283ded.jpg

Sent from Kentucky

Chris just sold his turbo this week because the rule passed and I did also to go 4 bolt in case I want to run and Chris will run TSM unless it goes back to 3 bolt .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks as if the "change" has already occurred, so is it fair to hose the guys that have already spent $$ on the new rule change? Nothing says a guy can't run a 3 bolt in TSM. If you are already using a 3 bolt, and or a front runner, why change? Obviously, the 3 bolt set up is working for you and it has been stated that most have not fully "utilizing" what they have yet? Why not run with it???

Last edited:
Have a GREAT IDEA ...............threw the rules out an run a 9.50 index SO EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would be 6.0 in the 1/8................

Good to hear...the votes are the votes, let's get ready to race next year!!!