2016 TSO Rules discussion

HighPSI

Staff member
Please post up any rule change proposals so we may discuss them. You are supposed to have raced the class in the last two years for an official proposal, but I will certainly listen to all suggestions.

Now that TSO is 1/8 mile get rid of the 50# weight penalty for Liquid Intercooler. Dave F ran the qwickest 1/8 pass ever in TSO and Dave is air to air.

Need clarification on rule #6. The rule says:

6. TURBO: Maximum compressor wheel size is 88.0 mm /3.464” - inducer wheel diameter. Turbos with a compressor exducer diameter larger than 127mm/5.000" and/or a turbine exducer diameter larger than 93mm/3.66" must use 275/60 DR's. (i.e. GT-55 & PTE Promod 88).

Please clarify which 275/60 DR tire....Pro Radial (part# 3754X) or Regular (3754R) <---- both a Mickey Thompson part numbers.

If one is going to use the bigger exhaust wheel, then the tire should a "normal" radial, not the Pro.

Need clarification on rule #5. The rule states:

5. TIRES: Rear tires may either be DOT-approved and labeled or labeled for racing slicks. DOT tires must have labels facing the outside of the body and are limited to a maximum new tread width of 12.1 inches and can never exceed 12.25 inches in width. Slicks are limited to a maximum sidewall designation of 10.5 inches width and may never exceed 11.1 inches in width. No drive tire may have sidewall designation height greater than 29.5 inches. The front tires are limited to 4.5- inch minimum tread width. The tread of tires must not protrude outside of the exterior of bodyline at top of tires.
** Measurement will be taken with tape measure from end of tread to end of tread.
(This dose not allow the MT 29.5x10.5W)

With a lot of cars running radials which are based on metric tire sizing (P size), please include a metric tire size instead measurements. The measurements are confusing. There is no mention of using tire manufacturer size or actual tape measurement for the radial size.

According to the rules, there is a max height designation of 29.5" max height. Where is there an "inch" designation on radials?

Example:
There is a new 315 Pro Radial coming out. Is the 315 tire legal in TSO? I was running a 315 in TSL one year. The specs for the 315 tire from M/T site:
30x13.50x15 - equivalent size
12.9" - section width
11.9" - tread width
30" - diameter.

With radials, there should a "P" size and slicks with an "inch" size.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I've given this thread a few weeks. If no new posts in the next couple days, we'll take it to a vote

Maybe send out a group text to the racers to view or a link to this thread.

It's been long enough. Here's what we'll be voting on:

1. Remove 50# penalty for liquid intercooler (effects 4 racers)

2. Don't allow Pro Radial (part# 3754X) when using the larger exhaust wheel (i.e. GT-55 & PTE Promod 88) A yes vote means to not allow that tire (I don't think it effects any racer)

3. Allow turbo mounted in any position and exit anywhere exhaust with no mufflers (Does not currently effect any racer)

PLEASE TEXT (321-863-2303) OR PM ME YOUR VOTES!!

Last edited:
Based on my records, the following racers get a vote:

Richie Balcom
Jason Cramer
Don Cruz
Tom Dykeman
Paul Dubois
Dave England
Dave Fiscus
Tony Gomes
Gary Harmon
Todd Humphrey
Jimmy Morrison
John Plog
Martin Riendeau
Tom Robison
Ross Roman
Tim Szabo
Brad Tennyson
Billy T
Jason White

2. Don't allow Pro Radial (part# 3754X) when using the larger exhaust wheel (i.e. GT-55 & PTE Promod 88) A yes vote means to not allow that tire (I don't think it effects any racer)

3. Allow turbo mounted in any position and exit anywhere exhaust with no mufflers (Does not currently effect any racer)

Hey guys,

I can't vote due to my 2 year absence from Bowling Green, however, I'm trying to get the car ready for BG 2016.

So, have these rules been voted on yet ? If so, what are the results of the votes. Need to know what rules will affect me.

Thanks,
George

This is always a PITA trying to contact everyone. I've got most of the votes, soon I'll start posting names of who haven't voted, so others can push then

This is always a PITA trying to contact everyone. I've got most of the votes, soon I'll start posting names of who haven't voted, so others can push then
Hey Cal,
If those who are qualified to vote, don't wanna vote, you can always substitue my name in list. I'll vote .... Just sayin' LOL

OK, time to start diming guys out. I'm STILL waiting on votes from:
David Day and Martin Riendeau

If any of you can reach out to them and have them text or PM me their votes that would be great. I have already texted them myself.

Last edited:
I need to know if I need to make another down pipe. So let me know asap on the rules. Thanks Ross

I'm going to reach out one last time. If they don't respond by midnight Friday, they don't get a vote

CRUZ Performance logo card.jpg

WWW.cruzperformance.com

I dont see David Day on the list to vote ?

did he vote ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, here's voting results.

8 votes Yes to 11 votes NO. No Change

8 votes Yes to 11 votes NO. No Change

9 votes Yes to 10 votes NO. No Change

No rules changes for this year.

Here's how everyone voted:
1 2 3
N Y N Richie Balcom
N Y N Jason Cramer
Y N Y Don Cruz
Y N Y David Day
N Y N Tom Dykeman
N N N Paul Dubois
Y Y N Dave England
N N N Dave Fiscus