2016 Rules Thread

I dont understand.......if your not running in the 150mph range with what is available, a bigger turbo is not the answer. so how is the 3 bolt limiting local events? Im not against the idea, but i think no one is utilizing what they have.

I believe the turbo weight break could go away in light of the turbo technology available. 2 of the top 3 qualifiers were running a 68.
But does that mean bring those cars up or bring everyone else down In Weight?

The problem there is that most of us can't get any lighter. I know I'm 100 lbs over weight and can't do much else to drop weight.

What I'm saying is, I don't think weight is a factor. That only comes into play when the combos are different ( SBC vs BBC vs NOS vs TURBO et. )
The only applicable variance in combo we have at this time is the iron vs. aluminum heads.
The top qualifier was overweight by 80 pounds.

Ok:

T4 style housing ( v-band or bolt on )
Wastegate exit anywhere
Exhaust exit anywhere
Any oiling system
Any diameter wheels
One weight, only break for iron heads

Thoughts?

My Thoughts:

IMO, four bolt housings limited to 68/70
three bolt housings limited to 72 or whatever...

What will base weight be?

Exhaust should exit behind front wheels

keep same iron head weight break, two of the four fastest cars at BG were iron headed.

I don't care about the oiling either way

As far as the 1/8, North Carolina race will be 1/8 anyways, lets run the quarter at BG, that way we get one race of each.

Exhaust exit anywhere.
Is the with or without a muffler? Currently car must be muffled.

I don't like mufflers. My super duty doesn't have a muffler.

Last edited:
I dont understand.......if your not running in the 150mph range with what is available, a bigger turbo is not the answer. so how is the 3 bolt limiting local events? Im not against the idea, but i think no one is utilizing what they have.
What turbo is still available that would allow you to run in the 150ish range? The reason I was wanting a 4 bolt was to reduce the back pressure and help racing outside of Buick community.

What turbo is still available that would allow you to run in the 150ish range? The reason I was wanting a 4 bolt was to reduce the back pressure and help racing outside of Buick community.

How fast have you gone, and with what turbo?

I think if you are looking to race any small tire heads up racing at a local level you need to be closer to the times tso is running.

The reason I would like to see the bigger housings allowed is to reduce backpressure easily. A guy running a stage 2 in tsm could also pull the 68 or 71mm turbo in favor of a 76 to 88 mm to compete in more local/faster heads up classes.

Richie, are you against the 4 bolt housing?

The reason I would like to see the bigger housings allowed is to reduce backpressure easily. A guy running a stage 2 in tsm could also pull the 68 or 71mm turbo in favor of a 76 to 88 mm to compete in more local/faster heads up classes.

Richie, are you against the 4 bolt housing?

No.... but i think the impression of bolting on a four bolt and going faster if false.

In our local ultra street i could weigh 2900 # There would be a lot more to it than just bolting on a 4 bolt turbo.

pte 67-66 .85 3-bolt 8.81@153 in tsm

One thing that going to A 4 bolt would do is open it up for more than precision as To get A turbo to run in the top of the field with. We are at there mercy now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk