2015 TSO Rules Discussion

Rule change #5:
200 lb weight break for race fuel (c16,q16 etc) or penalty for e85 mixed fuel cars. Currently, there are no weight penalties for different fuel types. A variation of this was proposed last year, also (effects 5 racers)

14 votes A) 200# weight break for gasoline based race fuels
3 votes B) Weight Penalty for E85 fuel (Penalty amount TBD)
3 votes C) Leave Rule Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm a little confused with the Rule change results of Rule Changc #5 - 14 to 6 =
" did not pass ?????? " I'm OK with " Rule did NOT pass " but I'm having a problem with the math used. 14 to 6 = ????

As it is written, the voting results show ( Rule did NOT pass ) that there is " NO " weight break for gasoline based fuels over E85. Also, as I understand it, E10, E15, E85 " is " a gasoline based fuel with varying amounts of Ethanol added for pollution reduction.

Can I get a clarification on the results of Rule Change #5 ? Is there or is there not a weight break for using C16 or Q16 and is there or is there not a weight penalty for E85 ?

Am I missing something here ?

I screwed up when I posted the results. As you can see by how everyone voted, it didn't pass. Fixed. thanks for pointing that out George :)

Rule change #5:
200 lb weight break for race fuel (c16,q16 etc) or penalty for e85 mixed fuel cars. Currently, there are no weight penalties for different fuel types. A variation of this was proposed last year, also (effects 5 racers)

14 votes A) 200# weight break for gasoline based race fuels
3 votes B) Weight Penalty for E85 fuel (Penalty amount TBD)
3 votes C) Leave Rule Unchanged

Rule did NOT pass

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm a little confused with the Rule change results of Rule Changc #5 - 14 to 6 =
" did not pass ?????? " I'm OK with " Rule did NOT pass " but I'm having a problem with the math used. 14 to 6 = ????

As it is written, the voting results show ( Rule did NOT pass ) that there is " NO " weight break for gasoline based fuels over E85. Also, as I understand it, E10, E15, E85 " is " a gasoline based fuel with varying amounts of Ethanol added for pollution reduction.

Can I get a clarification on the results of Rule Change #5 ? Is there or is there not a weight break for using C16 or Q16 and is there or is there not a weight penalty for E85 ?

Am I missing something here ?

EDIT!!!

There was a miscommunication between myself and Billy T. He actually voted for 1/4 mile racing. This makes Rule A a tie.
We have never had a tie before, so I can think of a few ways to handle this:

1) Since it wasn't a majority, the rule change doesn't happen
2) I cast the tie breaking vote (I would rather not)
3) We open up discussion on this one issue and have everyone rethink their vote (I prefer this)

Thoughts?

How many guys race a 1/4 mile class other than at
a buick race? I mean an actual class, not take your car to the track to test. Most of the classes these cars fit are 1/8 mile classes. I say discuss and revote.

At the speeds and power levels that our cars ( TSO ) run presently, we need to be considering safety much more seriously, before someone gets hurt or WORSE !

How many of the 20 TSO voters actually have a legal cage to run out the quarter mile at over 160 in less than 8:50 seconds.
Quarter mile TSO cars need to be SAFE to run the Quarter mile in less than 8:50. The field of TSO cars that are running legally ( SAFELY ) would be narrowed down substantially if the legal ET safety requirements were " enforced "

To continue to run the TSO class at the quarter mile level, it should be accompanied and ENFORCED with some real safety rule changes.

Before each of us re-vote ( if it comes to that ) carefully consider the safety issues. Your car may be safe, but what about the guys car running beside you.

Ok, off my soap box.

At the speeds and power levels that our cars ( TSO ) run presently, we need to be considering safety much more seriously, before someone gets hurt or WORSE !

How many of the 20 TSO voters actually have a legal cage to run out the quarter mile at over 160 in less than 8:50 seconds.
Quarter mile TSO cars need to be SAFE to run the Quarter mile in less than 8:50. The field of TSO cars that are running legally ( SAFELY ) would be narrowed down substantially if the legal ET safety requirements were " enforced "

To continue to run the TSO class at the quarter mile level, it should be accompanied and ENFORCED with some real safety rule changes.

Before each of us re-vote ( if it comes to that ) carefully consider the safety issues. Your car may be safe, but what about the guys car running beside you.

Ok, off my soap box.

Discuss it and revote... Keep in mind giving the slower cars a better chance at winning is better for the class..... Period !!!! It makes for better racing and more competition. The safety is another big factor 80% of the cars in Gowling Green were illegal to go faster than 8.50. And now we heading to the 6 second zone at 35 mph more than 80% of the cars are legal for. Just something to think about

It is looking like the bigger question is going to be will we have any events to race at .:(

If 1/8 mile is voted in couldn't MWBC be added to the TSO schedule for 2015? I know some people with fast cars felt the shut down was short but that would fix that problem.

Discuss it and revote... Keep in mind giving the slower cars a better chance at winning is better for the class..... Period !!!! It makes for better racing and more competition. The safety is another big factor 80% of the cars in Gowling Green were illegal to go faster than 8.50. And now we heading to the 6 second zone at 35 mph more than 80% of the cars are legal for. Just something to think about

This ^^^^ I like the idea of 1/4 mile to keep the record book going and that is the only reason. I don't think that is enough of a reason and I think it is risky to keep going the 1/4.

There are pros and cons to both 1/8 vs 1/4 racing.

What Tony said is true but I'm staying with 1/4 mi. What is going to happen with all the accomplishments with 1/8 racing......go in the garbage.

What about spectator draw? At BG this past year, the fences were jammed with spectators watching TSO. As a spectator, I wanna see cars go fast. Would rather see base hits at a baseball game or home runs? Then you might have class sponsor issues if no one shows up.

There is more stuff but I'm on my phone which is PITA to post with.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

For me there is so much 1/8 mile racing local that it's hard to justify changing my car for 1 or 2 race's a year. Either way I still plan on attending the tso races this year and participating. It would just be nice to not have to change half my car to do so. What are we doing? Revoting?

There are pros and cons to both 1/8 vs 1/4 racing.

What Tony said is true but I'm staying with 1/4 mi. What is going to happen with all the accomplishments with 1/8 racing......go in the garbage.

What about spectator draw? At BG this past year, the fences were jammed with spectators watching TSO. As a spectator, I wanna see cars go fast. Would rather see base hits at a baseball game or home runs? Then you might have class sponsor issues if no one shows up.

There is more stuff but I'm on my phone which is PITA to post with.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Records..... Don't mean crap cause the weights have changed from years past and may change again the records would be full of astrics. I went 4.97 in the 1/8 at bowling green there is a record to shoot for if that's your thing. As far as draw nobody is going to stay home from BG because TSO is now 1/8 mile. But a few people might drag there cars there, because now they have a better shot at winning. Sponsors pulling out..... Look around at all the big 1/8 races I don't think they lost any sponsors. Safety is the biggest reason to do it and you almost saw that first hand this year at BG you launched your car it took at hard turn everybody thought you Might crash Billy at that point you were doing 80 what would of happened if you were doing 180 ???? You and I both know the answer to that.

I will attempt to contact everyone AGAIN and see if anyone has changed their vote.

I'm pretty sure we are going 1/8th mile racing. I have started making calls and already have 3 racers who voted for 1/4 swap to 1/8 and none of the 1/8 guys have changed there vote. If you haven't voted yet, please send me your vote. We are only voting on 1/4 vs 1/8 racing.

Records..... Don't mean crap cause the weights have changed from years past and may change again the records would be full of astrics. I went 4.97 in the 1/8 at bowling green there is a record to shoot for if that's your thing. As far as draw nobody is going to stay home from BG because TSO is now 1/8 mile. But a few people might drag there cars there, because now they have a better shot at winning. Sponsors pulling out..... Look around at all the big 1/8 races I don't think they lost any sponsors. Safety is the biggest reason to do it and you almost saw that first hand this year at BG you launched your car it took at hard turn everybody thought you Might crash Billy at that point you were doing 80 what would of happened if you were doing 180 ???? You and I both know the answer to that.

I don't have a vote in this..but last yr tai went to 1/8 mile and it did increase our car count...the main reason was because the most of the guys run 1/8 at their local tracks and it's a driver's race so a lesser hp car still has a chance .

OK, it's official. No more recounts, etc... WE ARE GOING 1/8th MILE RACING!
The final vote is 14-6
Here's how everyone voted:

A Richie Balcom
A* Jason Cramer
B Don Cruz
A* Paul Dubois
A* Dave England
A Dave Fiscus
A Tony Gomes
A Gary Harmon
A Justin Hinderer
A Todd Humphrey