2015 Rules Discussion

sackracing

Staff member
I wanted to throw this out there early since the first race is in May next year.

1. Do you all want to elect an RRA or keep the dummy that's doing it now?

2. Are there any rules change proposals?

3. Anything else that anyone wants to vote on? Any changes should be considered.

Anyone who ran TSM in 2013 and 2014 is eligible to submit, vote, suggest, gripe, or debate.
I'd like to have the rules changes, if any, in place by November 15th so everyone has ample time to prepare for next year.

Thanks

I didn't race in 13 or 14 so I know I'm a little out of place. I'm just getting my stage motor back and would like to make a few races in 15. Only rule my car doesn't meet is it's mini tubbed. Any chance for a change there. -Bryan

I didn't race in 13 or 14 so I know I'm a little out of place. I'm just getting my stage motor back and would like to make a few races in 15. Only rule my car doesn't meet is it's mini tubbed. Any chance for a change there. -Bryan

X2...I seem to be in the same position as Bryan. There is a tire size rule in place, why would the mini tub matter? There may be others too that would be able to participate if this this rule was changed. Maybe one of the current racers would be willing to bring this motion forward!

Mine has stock inner frame rails just notched. Square steel tubs like you would get from jegs welded in.

Attachments

• IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 236
Mine have a more factory appearance. I split the original tub and moved it in a couple inches. Stock location inner frame rail. I'm not at home to take pics but can later if needed.

Keep Dummy
No Rules Changes

The changes that were made last time have made several different combos almost identical in ET..

I think the ET range is right on target. There were 10 cars within .76 of the #1 qualifier.

The iron head cars are at the front of the pack.

What are thoughts on weight of the stage block cars that are already running a TSM combo? My car weighed 3415-3425 down there I was commanding 5 lbs more boost than I was getting so the turbo may be done on my combo. I ran a best of 9.17 @ 147 which was in the hunt if I could get it to 60 ft a little better.
I'm just asking before I start on the 4 bolt headers.

I don't know how to make a call on the stage motors. We've only had two try it.

A question I got at BG was about allowing stick cars. Rules say automatic transmission only.