2011 TSR Rules and Regulations *Amendment 6/19/2011*

Scot, I want to help sponsor this class.

I would like to put up some $$ for the fastest "Real Radial" pass at a TSR event in 2011.

Scot, I want to help sponsor this class.

I would like to put up some $$ for the fastest "Real Radial" pass at a TSR event in 2011.
Sounds good Jason! I will send ya a PM with my number and we will work out the details and get it posted.

Thank You!
Scot W.

would be great if my car would fit into this class? ie;my tank,fuel lines,etc??
Gary,

That is one of the GM factory methanol test cars right?

You have the stock factory GM tank that came on it right?
You have the stock factory GM fuel lines that came on it right?
Your running on E85 right?

I don't see why it wouldn't fit in the class or the rules. ;)

Scot W.

Damn, I thought I was going to fit into this class, one more class I cant race. I really got to get rid of this turbo.

Damn, I thought I was going to fit into this class, one more class I cant race. I really got to get rid of this turbo.
You can fit into this class!! Run a regular street tire 200 tread wear and above and you can run any turbo, any size! ;)

Scot W.

Gary,

That is one of the GM factory methanol test cars right?

You have the stock factory GM tank that came on it right?
You have the stock factory GM fuel lines that came on it right?
Your running on E85 right?

I don't see why it wouldn't fit in the class or the rules. ;)

Scot W.

Yes,yes,yes,and yes ! thanks....:biggrin:

A drag radial class??? Thats awesome....

Most of the local races have gone this direction so I can run them and the events with the same tires...I like it.

Not a drag radial class. A real street radial class. IOW, the tires most of us drive on every day. Tread wear rating of 200 or higher (no drag radial will fit that)

Not a drag radial class. A real street radial class. IOW, the tires most of us drive on every day. Tread wear rating of 200 or higher (no drag radial will fit that)

Incorrect

Its both the way I read it. U can use DRs if 67mm or below

U get street tires if you want but if u use them u can use any turbo u want

I suspect many will use a larger turbo and spray my street tires and with this new compound and low air the 200 rating tires will hit a 1.50 sixty
If track is prepped well likely street tires in a 70 or greater could win

Spray adhesives are legal so that may be the way to go

Scot, is this true??? You're allowing drag radials in the TSR class????? :mad::confused:

Scot, is this true??? You're allowing drag radials in the TSR class????? :mad::confused:

When I spoke with sponsors I was told MT street radials (DRs) were ok if turbo less than 67mm

I suspect the non street legal Hoosiers are illegal???

We should get this clarified as I agree its confusing but I was told the populat MTs we all run are OK

Don't know about the Hoosier "drag radial slicks" which are not for street use??

When I spoke with sponsors I was told MT street radials (DRs) were ok if turbo less than 67mm

I suspect the non street legal Hoosiers are illegal???

We should get this clarified as I agree its confusing but I was told the populat MTs we all run are OK

Don't know about the Hoosier "drag radial slicks" which are not for street use??

Correction should be 67mm or smaller, ie 67 is OK with DRs (true drag radials)

Here is how it's layed out, It is STILL a "Street Radial" class! For regular street tires with a 200 tread wear and UP you can run ANY TURBO, ANY SIZE!

And now we opened it up to the masses and allowing a DR (Not a Slick) or anything that represents one, plus it MUST be DOT approved. ;)

Now for the DR portion, the turbo is limited to the 67 listed in the rules.

So with this class we really leave NO ONE out and we made it possible for most everyone to enter and have fun and have a chance at money & prizes.

BTW: I forgot to mention that there are several sponsors giving out Cash & Prizes to the fastest person on regular street tires, so the street tire guy's won't be left out! ;)

Scot W.

DOT approved.... I can do that...I was just reading a summit magazine... and I see no issue with me and what i have done in the past:eek:

Here is how it's layed out, It is STILL a "Street Radial" class! For regular street tires with a 200 tread wear and UP you can run ANY TURBO, ANY SIZE!

And now we opened it up to the masses and allowing a DR (Not a Slick) or anything that represents one, plus it MUST be DOT approved. ;)

Now for the DR portion, the turbo is limited to the 67 listed in the rules.

So with this class we really leave NO ONE out and we made it possible for most everyone to enter and have fun and have a chance at money & prizes.

BTW: I forgot to mention that there are several sponsors giving out Cash & Prizes to the fastest person on regular street tires, so the street tire guy's won't be left out! ;)

Scot W.

Good deal... Way to step up Scot!

So, if you run regular street tires (200 tread wear and up), you need to have a 2004R? Seems like it could be looser rules for the true street tire guys. I see you still need AC for street tires too, but that rule was there last year too.

Yes, If you read the rules he tried to make it as simple as possible:

1. Any DOT street tire with a treadwear factor of 200 or more (Cooper, Michelin, Goodyear, Falcon, Toyo, etc...) is allowed WITHOUT a turbo restrictions
261.jpg

x-radial-dt.jpg

2. Any DOT Drag radial tire with a treadwear factor of less than 200 (Hoosier DOT Drag Radial, Mickey Thompson Drag Radial, BF Goodrich Drag Radial, etc...) is allowed WITH a turbo restriction
raddot06.jpg

et_street_radial_a.jpg

bfgoodrich-compta-drag-radial-lg.jpg

"I would also like to add that I would like to see ANY non drag radial cars weigh in at 3400lbs regardless of cylinder head..."

Also ALL the drag radial cars will have an advantage off the starting line(60ft to 330ft mark) and most ALL of the non drag radial cars should have the advantage on the top end (BIG MPH). Wouldn't surprise me to see a TSM style car on regular radials with a 76HPQ trying to catch all the 67HPQ's on the big end :)

There is a class you can race, its called TSR which means put regular street tires on it and come on!!

Why the stock 8.5 rear end rule?

Are COP ignitions allowed?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Why the stock 8.5 rear end rule?

Are COP ignitions allowed?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Will, Thanks for the interest and for the questions and I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner, it was my sons 14 birthday this weekend.

The reason for the stock 8.5 rule is, this is a street car class although I know yours is a street car, the majority of them have the stock 8.5 which means this was put in place for the masses for say.

Same scenario goes for the C.O.P ignitions. There are not too many street cars out there running C.O.P ignitions right now but maybe in the future both these rules will be looked at to allow more people into the class.

Scot W.