2011 HOT ROD Power Tour, FL to Detroit

Staying in holiday inn expresses the whole way. In Indy 465 and 74th st. In Muskegon were just south of town and in Warren we're on 11 mile.

Yeah what about ME????? j/k

4Ts.jpg

That was a great day. First day rolling out of Li'l Rock was the only time we all ran together. Would love to take my car again but this was the wife's idea. I got a box of spare stuff I might bring along for you guys though. Seriously, I have extra coils/modules, couple ecms, cam sensor, crank sensor, 2 stock mafs, 02 sensors, plugs, chips for various injectors, fuel filter, etc. all packed in a small box from 08 that I can bring again. Hell I think I even have the stock injectors packed in there and some IC hoses and clamps, etc. If you don't damage the long block I think I have everything else. LOL

I got the mirror image of your shot. Also a pic so you can remember what it was like to have whole bumper fillers...:biggrin: I assume you have fixed that by now. Mine are going to hell pretty quick too, especially the front.

Attachments

• pt sized2.jpg
    pt sized2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 269
  • pt sized.jpg
    pt sized.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 265
And for the guys who worry about the hotel lots at night: I had the same fear, and so did every other new guy until their first night, when they realized that every hotel parking lot looked like this. There's 3000+ cars in town every night. Unless you have a very easy taget the odds are in your favor. And most nights there's lawnchair BSing until 2 or 3 in the morning. Then the early birds get up at 5 or 6. It'll be fine.

Attachments

• pt sized3.jpg
    pt sized3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 257
  • pt sized4.jpg
    pt sized4.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 256
@ineedagn

haha..... good times.... yeah i remember i started the tour with my bumper fillers than i raced someone on the highway, when we got to the next stop my filler had disintegrated and the other side had a crack down the middle:(

....since than i have replaced them with fiberglass fillers all the way around:cool:

your pics bring back the memories..... now i have to look through mine:biggrin:

aaron

Aaron you going this year?

Bishir,I don't know how many stops Aaron is doing, but a site like this one will occur again this year since it didn't happen in 2010.

Attachments

• Hot Rod Power Tour 2009 024.jpg
    Hot Rod Power Tour 2009 024.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 249
James, i AM going – probably just Nashville and Indy though.... i will see if i go to Detroit or not.... more than likely Not.

Guess this pic wont be duplicated since you got the Chevelle out this year:(
IMG_3021.jpg

wish i could go to FL .... i heard you guys get a private tour of NASA and will even be allowed behind the gates.... what a photo op that will be

aaron

here you go Craig........ oh the memories...... great times;)

you can see where my filler broke off on the highway :(

DSCF0264.jpg

aaron

Classic moment and I just happened to have the camera. Guy in this Firebird went through this dip at an angle and had an open rear diff. When the back wheel came up off the ground, the car stopped and the one wheel wonder freewheeled and had to be pushed out of the dip. I wanted to help but I was busy with the photo op...

Attachments

• pt sized5.jpg
    pt sized5.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 249
More pics from 08. Getting stoked now. We leave on the 1st!

Attachments

• pt sized6.jpg
    pt sized6.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 240
  • pt sized7.jpg
    pt sized7.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 238
  • pt sized8.jpg
    pt sized8.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 240
  • pt sized9.jpg
    pt sized9.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 237
  • pt sized10.jpg
    pt sized10.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 243
more

Attachments

• pt sized11.jpg
    pt sized11.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 241
  • pt sized12.jpg
    pt sized12.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 240
  • pt sized 13.jpg
    pt sized 13.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 244
If you haven't booked your rooms yet let me know and I'll tell you where were staying. Would be cool to meet up.

We booked last fall. BTW I am "boosted buick" on the bangshift forum. Seen you there and on the hotrod board. Are you going to cobra's for the bangshift kickoff party?

We booked last fall. BTW I am "boosted buick" on the bangshift forum. Seen you there and on the hotrod board. Are you going to cobra's for the bangshift kickoff party?

Yes, I planned on it. Part of me wants to do the kickoff at the Space Center though because I think they'll take a lot of pictures for the magazine and it sounds like a good opportunity.

Anyone still working on getting their Buick ready for the Hot Rod Power Tour 2011 that is in 2 weeks?......besides me:rolleyes:

If I would have known the route (which is out btw if anyone cares) was going to be so much interstate this year I would have worked harder to get the GN ready. Oh well..

If you're heading down I-10 we plan on having a group leaving Pensacola around 4pm on June 2nd.

If I would have known the route (which is out btw if anyone cares) was going to be so much interstate this year I would have worked harder to get the GN ready. Oh well..

If you're heading down I-10 we plan on having a group leaving Pensacola around 4pm on June 2nd.

bishir, I am not Long Hauling from FL to MI. I will be starting in Montgomery, AL and finishing up in Indianapolis, IN.....even though I registered as a Long Hauler:D

It is just tooooo far. Mapped it out on Google and I would log over 4,000 miles on 2tone IF I did the entire tour. gas prices+4,000 miles= 3 stops

I will be doing the Long Haul for the first time this year. Been doing a leg or two of the tour since 2001 but decided it was finally time to do the whole thing. Took my black 88 Monte SS in '08 (and ran with a few TR's for awhile) but this year we're taking a 99 Z28.

I am going to go on the Nashville to Indy and Indy to Muskegon legs. I am heading to Nashville on the morning of the 7th if there is anyone heading that way I would be happy to travel with them. The idea of driving a 24 year old car that far with my oldest (10 year old) kind of worries me. The car is waxed and ready to go with a few exceptions.

Needs an oil change and the trunk needs finished on the inside. I am pumped and my son is going crazy about getting to go. As of 2 weeks ago my father in law was going but he backed out and my son begged but I wanted him to go anyways. I would love to see all the buicks cruise together. That would be amazing. I can't wait to meet some of you guys. I will be the one with the funny rear window graphic.