2011 HOT ROD Power Tour, FL to Detroit

If you have a bunch of questions regarding powertour Bang Shift : News : Bang Shift Blog contains the best powertour board in their forums. It can help many of your questions. They also have a good hotel thread etc.. FYI, most of the hotels around the venue will turn into mini-car shows and there is safety among numbers. Not to mention a few folks stay up drinking all night in the parking lots anyways and they'll keep an eye out.

I am not making the long haul year but I am planning to make a few stops in my 67 Firebird/LC2 hybrid. I am thinking I am going to join up with the tour in Montgomery and make the stops in Nashville and Indy then head home. Once you have done the Power Tour its hard to stay away!:D

Just over 1 month away for the 17th Annual Hot Rod Power Tour. Who is hitting the road to burn some of that $4+/gallon of gas up?

I've decided to start in Montgomery, AL and end at Indy this year.

So Aaron, JD, what stops are you guys going to make? I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be in the Chevelle most likely. I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to do on the GN before I take it again. Here are some pics of the Chevelle:

Attachments

• upload10.JPG
    upload10.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 422
  • upload12.JPG
    upload12.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 385
  • upload14.JPG
    upload14.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 394
  • upload15.JPG
    upload15.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 396
  • upload16.JPG
    upload16.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 401
Line up of GNs

Hey.. I want to get a line of GNs together for at least one leg of the Power Tour. I have contacts with a Hot Rod photographer and Im hope'n to get a pic of the line up in the mag.

Who's all in? What leg will you be doing? We need to get a meet up date/time lined up before we all leave towards Cocoa Beach.

Also.. anyone passing through St Louis on the way to Cocoa Beach and want a cruising buddy? :)

I will be leaving Thurs June 2nd and staying in a hotel half way.. then roll into Cocoa on Friday.

Hey.. I want to get a line of GNs together for at least one leg of the Power Tour. I have contacts with a Hot Rod photographer and Im hope'n to get a pic of the line up in the mag.

Who's all in? What leg will you be doing? We need to get a meet up date/time lined up before we all leave towards Cocoa Beach.

Also.. anyone passing through St Louis on the way to Cocoa Beach and want a cruising buddy? :)

I will be leaving Thurs June 2nd and staying in a hotel half way.. then roll into Cocoa on Friday.

I am planning to make a few stops in the middle of the tour but my turbo Buick powered car would not really match up with a line of GN's!

I will be making the trip from indy to Detroit. and i am definately going to order one of those armrest cupholder things.

The ending at Metro Beach is only about 6 miles from us. It is a big park with picnic area that can be rented out for the day. Maybe we can have a bar-b-q or something?
Mike

I will ge making the trip up to Metro for the final leg. I didn't realize you were so close. Stopped there the last time they came through (it was the lunch stop on the way to Dayton). I will have the 87 GN.

So Aaron, JD, what stops are you guys going to make? I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be in the Chevelle most likely. I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to do on the GN before I take it again. Here are some pics of the Chevelle:

James, more than likely i will be at least in TN and INDY.... is Rocky going again? .... and nice car by the way.... i've heard about it, but i think that's the first i've see of it.

aaron

Important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoyalT, GNGAL, 2TONEWE4, I need to know where you guys are staying in Indy, Muskegan, and Detroit. WE are a little late on the ball this year so we would like to get as close as possible to you guys. Pleaswe post or PM me ASAP!!!!!!!:eek:

So even though I'm driving the Chevelle this year should I bring some GN parts? ;)

I think I"m mostly at Holiday Inn Expresses. I'm planning on the Long Haul again so I hope to see ya'll again.

RoyalT, GNGAL, 2TONEWE4, I need to know where you guys are staying in Indy, Muskegan, and Detroit. WE are a little late on the ball this year so we would like to get as close as possible to you guys. Pleaswe post or PM me ASAP!!!!!!!:eek:

In Indy, I have reservations at the Quality Inn & Suites, 5011 North Lafayette Road