2011 HOT ROD Power Tour, FL to Detroit

2toneNV

The time has finally come and the schedule has been set: Since I missed 2010 and from the looks of it turned out to be quite a BIG Buick turn out let's see how BIG we can make the Buick turnout for 2011! Cal Hartline and Julio better show up since it is starting in their State!!!

2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities
Saturday June 4, Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral

Sunday June 5, Valdosta, GA South Georgia Motorsports Park

Monday June 6, Montgomery, AL Montgomery Motorsports Park

Tuesday June 7, Nashville, TN LP Field

Wednesday June 8, Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Thursday June 9, Muskegon, MI Downtown Muskegon

Friday June 10, Detroit, MI Metro Beach Metropark

Saturday June 11, Detroit, MI Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD)

This is something i've always been interested in doing! Question is: Do I trust doing it in a TurboBuick??

This is something i've always been interested in doing! Question is: Do I trust doing it in a TurboBuick??

Royal_T_Ltd and myself have done '07-'09 as Long Haulers and I am the only one with dumb little problems, but they had nothing to do with the car.

I say "Hell yeah!!!"

2tone, do you drive from Texas to the east coast, then drive the power tour? If so, WOW.

Im really looking forward to it this year and it passing through my state again.........suspension is my desired upgrade this year......

Yeaaahhhh BABY ! ! !

I am so excited... my hotels are already booked ! I will be doing the long haul this year. Looking for driving buddies ... Royal-T ??

Im planning on leaving early on June 2nd...and stopping in AL for the night. Then making it to Cocoa beach by early afternoon on the 3rd.

Driving straight home after the Long Haul Ceremony on Sat ... about 9hr drive.

WHOS ALL COMING ?? All the rooms I booked are 2 double/queen beds... so I am looking for roomates to share costs.

-- sigh -- forget Christmas and snow.... I wish it was June 2011 already !

Cal Hartline and Julio better show up since it is starting in their State!!!

2011 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities
Saturday June 4, Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral

Wow! That is about 15 miles away from me! I think I may need to put some sort of dinner/party together for everyone coming down. :cool:

I am thinking if things go good this winter the old guy and I are in for this. I guess the only issue we have is how long will it take us to get to the starting point. I am thinking I will be taking 3 weeks off so we don't have to rush. I guess we will see how long it takes me to win the lottery.....

Mr. S really wants to do this..

I am thinking if things go good this winter the old guy and I are in for this. I guess the only issue we have is how long will it take us to get to the starting point. I am thinking I will be taking 3 weeks off so we don't have to rush. I guess we will see how long it takes me to win the lottery.....

Mr. S really wants to do this..

2,592mi for us just to the start point... sound like a fun week of seeing the sights. :)

Nothing like traveling the country in a Turbo powered V6 Buick!!!

Cal, that is what I am talking about!!! Then you can give me some world class XFI support since John Pecar(disco_stu) is taking a hiatus.

I am so excited... my hotels are already booked ! I will be doing the long haul this year. Looking for driving buddies ... Royal-T ??

Im planning on leaving early on June 2nd...and stopping in AL for the night. Then making it to Cocoa beach by early afternoon on the 3rd.

Driving straight home after the Long Haul Ceremony on Sat ... about 9hr drive.

WHOS ALL COMING ?? All the rooms I booked are 2 double/queen beds... so I am looking for roomates to share costs.

-- sigh -- forget Christmas and snow.... I wish it was June 2011 already !

Hey GN gal, send me a PM with the Motels you booked so that I don't have to do all the work like '07, '08 and '09. Which I then provided the info to Royal_T so he didn't have to do squat:tongue:!

The ending at Metro Beach is only about 6 miles from us. It is a big park with picnic area that can be rented out for the day. Maybe we can have a bar-b-q or something?
Mike

The ending at Metro Beach is only about 6 miles from us. It is a big park with picnic area that can be rented out for the day. Maybe we can have a bar-b-q or something?
Mike

Mike,

Royal_T_Ltd and myself were planning on stopping by your place in '09 when we were at Metro Beach, but when my "brand new" Nitto 555R's sidewall blew out heading to MI from IN our day was done and we only made it to the Motel.

Mike that sounds like a plan. We'll come down with the Bamfords cars and hang out. I hear you are a serious BBQ man.

After doing the long haul last year in my GN I dunno if I'm going to repeat yet or not, and if I do go it may be in a different car.

We'll be long hauling but not in the GN. You guys mind if a pink dodge pulls up to your BBQs? :eek: :redface:

Can someone explain what happens on this event to me? Does everyone meet up at a designated (probably the daily event location) and get in a line? Do you all drive single file on the road?

Just trying to wrap my noodle around what this would be like if I joined.

What is the registration fee for? Are there events at each destination?

Do you all feel safe leaving your cars alone in a hotel lot at night?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Will

Can someone explain what happens on this event to me? Does everyone meet up at a designated (probably the daily event location) and get in a line? Do you all drive single file on the road?

Just trying to wrap my noodle around what this would be like if I joined.

What is the registration fee for? Are there events at each destination?

Do you all feel safe leaving your cars alone in a hotel lot at night?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Will

The only day that is really organized is the morning that you head out of the starting point. It is not required that you stay with the pack, as many people take their own route to get to the next destination. Hot Rod supplies you with driving directions in your registration packet when you check in. The route is also on the HotRod website and you get a lot of freebies with the registration fee. Also, at every stop all of the sponsors give out tons of freebies and at the main stage at each stop there are drawings during the entire cruise night going on. When I first headed out for my first PT in 2007, I didn't really know what to expect, but it was an ABSOLUTE blast and a Hot Roddin' spectacle!!! As far as car safety goes; I never heard of a problem. One reason being that most of the towns visited it seems step up police presence and the Hotels & Motels are packed with Power Tour participants.